Mazda 6 Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Excellent work! I’ll bet it sounds great!

This one? (Mine)

Stereo upgrade project 2016 M6 GT

My project was largely concerned with preserving as much trunk space as possible and keeping factory functionality. It’s a big step up for personal listening, but I would bet that running a larger full sized 12 IB is going to provide more bass than my sealed shallow mount 10. Of course my seats fold to the trunk and the op’s don’t. So there are definitely trade offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So you're the guy! I can't open the link through tapatalk but I just checked your profile and located the "threads started" and found it.

I'll put a bookmark to your thread as that is the one that I want to imitate in the near (or far) future.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I wonder how or what is the sound quality with the subwoofer in that position as compared with the one that is located at the trunk.

I can't remember the thread title but he made a custom frame to fit the subwoofer like yours but it is located in the spare tire.
I´ve listened to a bunch of cars with IB subs but never had them in my car, so I wanted to try it out.
Trunk space and folding seats where not in my list of priorities. The trunk is big enough for my needs.
Most SQ competition cars tend to "have a lot, and use little". By that I mean most copetition cars with IB subs have a pair of 15´s or 18´s with at least 1 thousand watts.
So far, I really like how mine sounds. IB tends to play the really low frequencies effortless and with the 6x9´s there´s plenty of midbass.
There´s room in there to get a pair of 15´s easy.:oops:

J.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts