Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been looking multiple times and I see lots of great information about changing from the halogen to hid lights, but my issue is that I have the factory HID lights on my 2008 Mazda 6 and for as long as I can remember now (years) they have been extremely dim.

I have made sure that the lens on the headlight is nice and clear, I'm assuming that bulbs don't get dim, they just work or don't work, I'm guessing that something must be happening with the ballasts. I called Mazda for quotes on replacement parts, they want $771 for one ballast, so I told them that's ridiculous, why would I pay that much for a part that I've generally been unhappy with for most of it's life.

Does anyone have information on what ballasts or bulbs I should be getting to replace the existing HID ones with. My wife is driving with what we consider to be dangerously low light output. she has to put the high beams on at every chance she gets. One separate issue she has been having is the passenger side light will sometimes be on and sometimes be off, but even when it's on the light output is absolute rubbish. I assume this is also related to the ballast.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts