Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Vendor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

This post is for our newest product for the Mazda 6, The CorkSport Power Series Exhaust made from 304 SS. The video link below is of the car in the shop reving up and back to idle. It is a V6 model. 4 cylinder sound clips to follow soon. The file is about 4.5 megs so it will take a moment to load up.

CorkSport Power Series Mazda 6 Exhaust System

If you have any questions feel free to call, email or PM.

Thanks
Derrick

Here are a few picture of the prototype on the car

Derrick

·
Vendor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I forgot to put the estimated price up. The retail should be right at $549 for the system. It is a full cat back and the in stock date is two months out.

Derrick

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Sorry I forgot to put the estimated price up. The retail should be right at $549 for the system. It is a full cat back and the in stock date is two months out.

Derrick[/b]
Nice, thanks. A bit of a ways off but it seems to have a great sound. If you need a reliabilty / end user tester in the mean time just let me know. I will sport this puppy for you guys and report back:D

·
Registered
151 Posts
Does it have the same connections as the Magnaflow catback unit? I dont particularly like the way they do theirs. :drive:

·
Vendor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does it have the same connections as the Magnaflow catback unit? I dont particularly like the way they do theirs. :drive:[/b]
The exhaust system is a bolt on affair with flanges at all of the connection points.

Derrick

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
it's always nice to have a few more options to choose from... this exhaust system you offer sounds pretty good btw!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Wonder what the SS tubing measurements will be. 2.25, 2.5 in?

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
looks like 2.5in from the pics

·
Vendor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We are still working on getting the exact sound we want from the system without too much cabin noise. We will be testing the 6i on this upcoming saturday and I should be able to get a clip from it as well.

The piping size is 2.4 id.

Derrick

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
i know, i know... there is no gains for a cat-back on the 6. but i was wondering if you were gonna dyno for the hell of it??? thatd be great.

lmao... uh ya so i just saw the date of corksports last post!! hahaha.

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Posts are old, but looks like a very high quality system, any chance of ditching one of those mufflers?[/b]

oh i agree.... i would love another option for an exhaust system. so you dont like the dual look huh?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Be nice if it would be similarly priced to the MF. $100 more for an unproven setup is pretty big. The group buy would be a cool idea though. I do like the way that sounds though and though the pics are a bit dark it looks pretty good to.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
oh i agree.... i would love another option for an exhaust system. so you dont like the dual look huh?[/b]
I do like the dual look, I just prefer 'go' over 'show'. Even though the weight savings from a single exhaust isn't huge, every little bit helps. Besides we got plenty of dual options and no singles :tear:

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
bump... hello corksport?

·
Vendor
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After doing more testing and getting the sound the way we wanted it the system gained 8hp at the wheels. I will work on getting a dyno sheet posted up on our webpage with the exhaust system within the next few weeks.

Thanks
Derrick

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.