Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all
I am new to this website I have an issue with the rear of my car creaking when parked when I get out.
No noise when travelling only when u rock the car side ways
I have renewed control arms that wasn’t it
When I jack my car up it creaks till the wheels leave the floor.
I can’t pin point the noise and have greased up all the bushes
Any ideas

·
Rally Racer
2,542 Posts
Hello. There are quite a few places where this could be coming from. I have found it best to lay under the car while someone move the vehicle to reproduce the sound. I then listen (and touch) all the moveable points to see/feel which one is the offender.
I drive a Mk.1 estate so if that is what you have I can list the points on mine that have protested with sound int he past.
Some general points in order of likely hood (my experience)
  • Sway bars (top choice since you say rock sideways)
  • Rear dampers
  • Control arms
  • Trailing link
  • Rear lift-gate (only because side to side)
  • Chassis mounts
good luck.

·
Rally Racer
2,542 Posts
@Casey3101 that is a very fine looking vehicle.
We still have to "settle" for its grandad if we want a long-top.

You could spray a bit of lube on the bushing to see if it is the right one. Before you buy and put in the work.

If you replace with urethane, I recommend a product called Formula 5 pre-lube from Energy Suspension. It is the best stuff I have ever used (30 years) for poly bushings.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SORTED
dry rear wheel bearings, wheels off then lithium greased the hell out.
The noise was coming from them as the wheels moved when jacking up

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think it's best you abandon that car completely. It's a lost cause. Kindly ship it to me in the States and I'll make sure it's dealt with correctly 😀

·
Registered
37 Posts
Casey3101
My Volvo wagon creaks incessantly when parked. I get in it creaks. I get out, it creaks. All from the back wheels. My creak is from the parking brake. Since you're in Europe, you possibly have a manual transmission, so you probably use your brake more often than Americans use it in their automatic cars. My V70 is also a stick, so that's why I use my creaky parking brake all the time. I think that for me its where the cables pull the pistons taught.

Oh, and that 6 Sportwagon is gorgeous! Hold onto it until its 25 years old, then sell it to me so I can import it to the US

1 - 8 of 8 Posts