Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I'm new to this in group. I've had no major issues with my Mazda 6 2012, had it 4 yrs, but it's been pretty cool I love my mazda! I had some issues with the radio first and then my dome lights went out the dealership wanted to charge me $250 just to start the diagnostics what a bummer. after 2 months of trying to figure it out myself come to find out it was a blown fuse that went to the dome lights that control the alarm on the key that controls the radio and controls all interior lights. I was relived but still mad. I replaced the fuse which is right by the driver door. Glad I didn't spend that money! I'm hoping it's no wire shorting going on. I hope this helps someone trying to figure out my similar issue馃

Registered
How many times I've been amazed at how much you have to pay for stealerships! $250 just for a diagnostic test?!? I've been trying to be friendly with the tech/mech guys and it always yields to good results, I get to have "free service" that otherwise I'll have to pay.

Registered
Aw man you should have posted on here when it happened, could have saved yourself 2 months of frustrations! I can't believe that anyone certified couldn't tell you the likely problem based off those two facts: The radio AND dome lights stopped working. ROOM fuse correct?

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know lol I was so pissed. But figured it's gotta be something so simple every certified place I called or visited wanted a fee starting at 150.00. Furthermore my Bluetooth connection is blowing that fuse out so now i don't connect my phone to my car an Everything works fine smh.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
It was a 15amp fuse basically the fuse for the dome lights controlled my car alarm, interior fuses an the radio馃が馃が馃が

Registered
Aw man you should have posted on here when it happened, could have saved yourself 2 months of frustrations! I can't believe that anyone certified couldn't tell you the likely problem based off those two facts: The radio AND dome lights stopped working. ROOM fuse correct?
Most likely, they know it but wanted "free money".

Registered
Archer, I was thinking that too. Such a shame that some places try to do business like that. If you are honest and provide good service, for example telling the customer to check that fuse or other fuses first, even at no charge they just potentially gained a life long customer for no cost onto themselves.

Registered
I didn't know lol I was so pissed. But figured it's gotta be something so simple every certified place I called or visited wanted a fee starting at 150.00. Furthermore my Bluetooth connection is blowing that fuse out so now i don't connect my phone to my car an Everything works fine smh.
Good trouble shooting, don't give up to quickly, many things can be figured out with out paying someone else--done it all my life.
A little help for owners of older Mazda's wanting to gain access to the Internet in their car. It is stated it won't work in Mazda 3's but then I read it does so it's a $10 chance to take for cars other then 06-07 Mazda6 cars.
No blue tooth for 2006 or 2007 Mazda's 6 owners. But there is a cable that can be purchased from Amazon that enables a connection between your phone and your car radio for the 06-07 Mazda 6 and some other older Mazda's. Your phone volume setting will thus be the base for the car radio output when connected. In other words, the phone volume has to be up for the car radio to play what is sent to it from the phone. Low phone volume setting, nothing but crackling from the car radio. This cable got my Bose radio playing 60's music again.
The adapter cable plugs into the back of the car radio, Bose radio with CD changer in my car and other end plugs into your phone head phone jack or with iPhone and an adapter into it's lightning port which I have done since switching to an iPhone. Select AUX on car radio and you get Internet radio from TuneIn Radio or what ever Internet source is used. If car has a Bose radio with built in CD changer, your CD player will still work fine. There is a receptacle in the back of the radio, and this adapter plugs right in. Ck Internet videos for help getting to the back of your radio.
Goliton AUX 3.5mm Cable Connect iPod iPhone MP3 Phone Audio to Mazda Car Player (2 Meter Long)--from Amazon for $10.00

1 - 8 of 8 Posts