Mazda 6 Forums banner

Mazda 6 diesel P2227 help!

1K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  Gary s 
#1 ·
Hi all

I have a mazda6 diesel 2.2 SL 185

I have been plagued with P2227 for 3 months now to where it will come and go after several drive cycles.

when tHe code appears the performance really suffers …it’s like the turbo has disappeared . But few days later all is normal.

the car has 200k on the clock and is always main dealer serviced .
Having research the barro sensor code it appears this could be many reasons why P2227 appears but I don’t want this to be a parts cannon.

many suggestions or has anyone hadthis code throw before and has managed to fix?

thanks all

#6 ·
From a parts perspective, I think that replacing a baro sensor is not that big of an investment. We have that code on the petrol engine and it is usually combined with a
P1487.
The two sensors on the back of engine compartment, mounted on the firewall frequently go bad on the previous model but I believe are unchanged with the Mk.2 (and dozens of other vehicles to be frank).

It is a very easy job to replace yourself and will cost a fraction of an hour service at a shop. If it does not fix your issue you can "bite the bullet" and take it in.
Good luck.

#14 ·
I've read somewhere that UK, or somewhere in Europe, wants to phase out the diesels.

On a non-car related note, the move for a cleaner air made the farms "obsolete" in the Netherlands. I don't know when or how they will do it but I just can't believe how big the impact of beef in terms of pollution.

My son tried to explain it to me, then later showed me a YouTube video about it. I have forgotten about it and just now I'm reminded of it.

#16 ·
Wow! No more new cars with ICE will be sold by 2035. Although they say that you can still drive your old car, it will be too expensive to maintain it after that implementation and you yourself will simply scrap the car.

I remember a decade ago, ships were required to use low sulfur content for heavy fuel oil. I think it was 5% or less but now, I'm sure it is way lesser.

How about the US? Is there a move for a full electric car a decade from now?

We, living in the third world, can still enjoy the smoke of ICE for quite some time. And I assume it will be a long time.

#18 ·
2 decades ago in the UK we were told to buy diesels for low CO2 . Now they want us to buy petrol.
In parts of the south UK we have to pay £12.50 a day if it’s not euro 6 compliant.

so my Mazda although only 12 years old is effectively scrap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.