Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I have a 2004 Mazda 6, 2.0 diesel. (UK version, if significant)

It is reporting a fault with the MAP sensor. I can measure the sensor 5V supply on the wiring loom when the sensor is unplugged, but as soon as I plug in a (good) sensor, it drops to around 0.6V. I suspect their might be damage in the wiring loom causing a high impedence, and want to measure the loom back to the ECU. (There is some sign of moisture ingress in the connector, and I just had a workshop replace the clutch/DMF, so potential for mechanical damage to the wiring)

1. I think it's the ECU is located in the front passenger side (For a RHD car) foot well, behind the carpet under the radio/heater controls. Am I in the right place to start with?

2. Can anyone supply or direct me to the Diesel engine electrical wiring diagrams? Or an ECU pin-out? So I can identify what wires to check the continuity/resistance of.

Thanks to anyone who can reply.
Martin.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update:
Figured out the module under the radio/heater controls is not the ECU/PCM, I guess it must be something to do with the audio system or display that shows temp/mileage etc.

I noticed the main wiring loom from the engine bay goes under a metal plate behind the carpet in the passenger footwell. The metal cover plate is secured with some tamper proof fasteners. Does anyone know how I can get this off? The look like regular bolt heads that have been machined round. I can only think of cutting grooves into them, but it sounds like a heck of a lot of work just to buzz out 3 connections :-(

Martin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts