Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...i'm a new member to this discussion, but i've been following this forum for quite some time now. I'm from the United States...virginia to be exact. Anyways, i was wondering if anyone knows the various configurations that can be put together with a Mazda 6i. I've also been following the thread on Edmunds, and they have a similar post in one of their forums, but i've always been curious to know how and where they got the configurations they have. I would like a Mazda 6i with automatic transmission, cloth interior, sports package, bose audio upgrade, and without the ABS, and can go either way with the moonroof. Anyways, thanx for all the information you guys have already provided me on this website. Much love!!!! The 6 won me over when i first saw that interior....absolutely money!

-yasir:p

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Replying to Topic 'MAzda 6 Configurations...'

Thanx dude....i've seen that website, i guess i just don't know how it all works that you can only get certain things if you get these other packages. For example, i'm told for certain trims, to get the ABS you have to get leather or a sunroof or something...which is kinda whacky. Aside from that, i think i'm pretty gung-ho on the 6.

-yasir

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by imammy

..I would like a Mazda 6i with automatic transmission, cloth interior, sports package, bose audio upgrade, and without the ABS, and can go either way with the moonroof...[/b]

According to the spec sheet you should be able to get it
the way you've described..with maybe the exception of
not having ABS.

The i version comes with cloth interior.

The Sports Package adds in:
-17 inch alloy wheels
-215/50 R17 V-rated tires
-Clear-lens Halogen fog lights
-Dual exhaust outlets with bright tips (Oval type)
-Sculpted front air dam and rear apron
-Side sill extensions
-Rear spoilers with integrated brake light
-Black interior trim
-Optitron gauges with red illumination
-Sport type instrument panel trim inserts
-Titanium color power window swith panels

The Bose Audio Package system is an optional package and the moonroof/sunroof is a stand alone option as well

The only thing I'm not sure about is the ABS. ABS is listed as a package option but none of the packages on the spec sheet list is. So I'm not sure what package it belongs to. My guess though is that it belongs with the Sports Package. If that's the case than I doubt you'll be able to get the sports package without it.

-Alan

Oh, and welcome aboard imammy :)

·
Registered
319 Posts

If it stays similar to Mazda's current packages, ABS will likely be paired with some kind of airbag system. I believe the ABS is standard on V6 models. If not standard on I4, my guess is that it will come packaged with the head curtain bags.

Maybe not. But at least with the Protege, side impact bags come together with ABS if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Jerome81

If it stays similar to Mazda's current packages, ABS will likely be paired with some kind of airbag system.  I believe the ABS is standard on V6 models.  If not standard on I4, my guess is that it will come packaged with the head curtain bags...[/b]
Dual front side-impact air bags & Dual front and rear side air curtains
are listed as factory installed stand-alone options.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

I just don't get it Y 1 would want a car without ABS?:sarc[/b]
So you can slip on the ice. You have to live on the edge sometimes Steve ;)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

You can slip all you want on the ice, just as long as you turn off the DSC.

ABS doesn't prevent that...you just have to use a different technique. You know, I live just a stone throw away from the north pole. (well...a looong throw, but anyway). We have snow outside already...:sarc

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by Steve 6er

..We have snow outside already...:sarc[/b]
Ouch! Personally I don't like the cold. The only thing it's good for is to go snowboarding. I wouldn't mind if the seasons just rotated between Spring,summer & fall.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Thanx much guys...the reason i don't want ABs is because i've heard that a lot of times it kicks in when it isn't necessary...if that makes sense...sure it's helpful and i can completely understand why people would want it. Also, the Mazda 6 does have a really good brake system...what was it, like 160 ft 60-0 (or maybe even less then that. That's pretty good for a mid-size sedan. We'll see...

i emailed Mazda today and got a response back....the email was promising as far as packages are concerned and i also asked about DVD navigation and satellite radio...here's the response:

"Information regarding Mazda6 vehicle combination is not available at
this time. It is true that Mazda has not made a final decision
regarding a navigation system or satellite radio system for the Mazda6.
However, please understand consumer feedback is very important to
Mazda. I have documented your suggestions for the corporate record,
which is continuously reviewed by the Product Planning department in an
effort to provide only the highest quality products to our customers.

As you may know, production for the Mazda6 started yesterday. We are
now fulfilling dealer orders, which are scheduled to ship to Mazda
dealerships in mid-November, with expected arrival dates throughout
December. It is possible your desired vehicle combination may already
be included in a local dealer's Mazda6 order. Customer orders are
tentatively scheduled to start mid-to-late November. Website price
quotes will probably begin in early November. I'd recommend checking
MazdaUSA.com during November for information updates."

I do like the statement at the end that says website price quotes will begin in early november....i find a lot of enjoyment in configuring cars and seeing what the different prices end up being:D

-yasir

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I can confirm that ABS sometimes kicks in when you think it really shouldn't. But just the day before yesterday it saved me from smashing into another car. It was very slippery as I approached an intersection, and suddenly I had no grip. ABS kicked in and I made a full stop in a shorter distance than would have ever been possible without it.

I would never choose a car without ABS. One day it saves your life. Or the life of your beloved ones.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

interesting...i'm glad to hear you're alright Steve! Again, none of my final decisions are locked in stone, it all kinda depends... I've narrowed down my color choices to either Garnet Red Metallic, or Titanium Gray....that gray looks real nice (at least in the pictures); but my favorite color is maroon, or that deep red. As far as ABS is concerned, how does it work exactly? what makes it different then just normal brakes?

-Yasir

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

I agree with you on that Steve. That stuff really works!

And Yasir, that's a great reply from Mazda. I can't wait to use the online configuration tool. I'm glad you emailed them about Satelite Radio to.. good thinking.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

no doubt....i've heard the new Altima is getting the option of satellite radio, so i figured, why not throw it out there....

-yasir

·
Registered
1,423 Posts

Originally posted by imammy

...As far as ABS is concerned, how does it work exactly?  what makes it different then just normal brakes?

-Yasir[/b]
You know how they teach you in drivers training that if you're sliding on ice or on wet pavement that you should pump your brakes with your foot in order to get some traction...well thats what ABS does.. only it pumps the brakes WAY faster than you could ever with your foot. I've got it on my Accord. Works really well. It has kicked in unnecessarily very few times.

-Alan

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

interesting....decisions decisions...good thing i got some time to think about these things. I'm looking to buy beginning of next year, hopefully...gotta save up some money first. What are the chances of them running a zero percent financing on the new Mazda 6?

-yasir

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

ABS prevents the wheels from blocking, keeping them rolling but with as high friction as ever possible. Alan's description is correct. But there is a difference: when you pump brake manually, all wheels are given the same brake force. ABS controls all wheels separately, making sure they all perform a maximum brake.

About your color preferences: sad to say, but Titanium grey isn't available in the US.:(

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

d'oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmm....what about this steel gray or something that i've been hearing about? well, i guess if it's not available it makes my decision pretty easy! Have you seen the Garnet red in person? How's it look? I just think that the titanium gray woulda been a great compliment to the aluminum interior...man i can't stress how much i love that interior...and i'm a huge fan of the red highlights on the center console when the lights are on. Speaking of lights, does anyone know if the 6 comes with daytime running lights?

-yasir

1 - 20 of 82 Posts