Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across a post of one of our members and I have to say these are the most amazing seat covers ever. Does anyone know where we can buy them and how much they cost?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/...57594570691158/

All credit goes to the gentleman with the covers. After viewing his profile he stated that they are "Wet Okole seat covers."

Please post any findings here as a reply to this post - if we get enough people we can do a group buy. And I'm assuming these are mere covers for the seats as opposed to actual replacement seats altogether?

·
Registered
85 Posts
QUOTE (GrkMazdaMan @ Feb 7 2010, 01:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635390
I came across a post of one of our members and I have to say these are the most amazing seat covers ever. Does anyone know where we can buy them and how much they cost?

All credit goes to the gentleman with the covers. After viewing his profile he stated that they are "Wet Okole seat covers."

Please post any findings here as a reply to this post - if we get enough people we can do a group buy. And I'm assuming these are mere covers for the seats as opposed to actual replacement seats altogether?[/b]
I just did a google search, and found the manufacturer:

http://www.wetokole.com/

They seem to be Seat Covers, and not replacement seats, so that's good. Also, they have the option of including heated seats, along with lumbar support in them. I'm pretty interested in these, but I don't see one for the Mazda 6 explicitly.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Idk, they kinda look like after close inspection like ones I see at Auto parts shops that are in the box with a sample you can see thru a hole in the box. No offense to the manufacturer just what it looks like.

B

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't know guys, the ones in the pictures I posted look excellent! I'll try to contact our member and see if he can help - nonetheless they look awesome I'll ask and see if he can help us pick the options he did on the buy from the website.

Any help is welcomed!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
my sis has something like this in her truck... i forget how much she paid to have the seats reupholstered.... looks pretty nice tho

·
Registered
440 Posts
BIG difference between seat covers and re-upholstering,lol

B

·
Banned
1,206 Posts
QUOTE (GrkMazdaMan @ Feb 7 2010, 04:52 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1635390

Please post any findings here as a reply to this post - if we get enough people we can do a group buy. And I'm assuming these are mere covers for the seats as opposed to actual replacement seats altogether?[/b]
If you search around the forum a bit, you can find more info on these covers. I did a quick search and came up with this:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...=50157&st=0

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice find Mica!

We'll I'm down. I'm thinking about contacting the company to see if they will participate in another group buy. Anyone interested?

So basically for final price we are looking at about 400 or so?

·
Registered
110 Posts
i'm definitely interested here. altho, i would only be doing my front seats i think; to do both front and rear may be too much for me, at least right now. if you do contact them for a GB, maybe send them the info from the last guy that did it so maybe can get a similar deal. it's worth a shot since they'd have a record of having dealt with users on this board before for a previous GB.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have contacted zzzzoom6 (our member who has already purchased the seat covers) twice and still have yet to receive a response. I don't understand why he wont help us..

·
Registered
110 Posts
QUOTE (GrkMazdaMan @ Feb 11 2010, 01:38 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636270
I have contacted zzzzoom6 (our member who has already purchased the seat covers) twice and still have yet to receive a response. I don't understand why he wont help us..[/b]
it is possible he doesn't log onto the site anymore or at least hasn't in a long time. i would wait it out a bit longer; otherwise, you may just have to try contacting the company directly and give it a shot at setting up a deal.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I used to have wetokole seats in my wrangeler. I loved them since there were times that it rained and my top was down. The material is pretty thick and it is wet suit material. I had red and black they do fade after a while but mine were in direct sunlight for years. They tend to have two sets, one is general fit which is loose and then there is the custom fit which each seats comes in two pieces top and bottom. They are spot on....If i didnt just put leather in my car i would consider. I never knew they made them for the 6

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
QUOTE (Crimsonmt @ Feb 12 2010, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636605
I used to have wetokole seats in my wrangeler. I loved them since there were times that it rained and my top was down. The material is pretty thick and it is wet suit material. I had red and black they do fade after a while but mine were in direct sunlight for years. They tend to have two sets, one is general fit which is loose and then there is the custom fit which each seats comes in two pieces top and bottom. They are spot on....If i didnt just put leather in my car i would consider. I never knew they made them for the 6[/b]
Yea they do bro, that's why I'm so interested in them! I have contacted our fellow 'member' for a third time now via pm and still no response. ( I check his profile whenever I log in to see when the last time he logs in is, and it was a couple days ago so he should have seen my first pm. ) I will give it another week - if not I will contact the company and send them the picture so that they can try to help me customize the seat pattern. I would like to mimick our members seat pattern as it is more classy in comparison to a two tone color scheme.

That's interesting about the custom fit / loose. I'm sure we would all like the custom fit option as it makes the seats look professionally done - am I correct ?

·
Registered
684 Posts
QUOTE (GrkMazdaMan @ Feb 12 2010, 02:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636644
That's interesting about the custom fit / loose. I'm sure we would all like the custom fit option as it makes the seats look professionally done - am I correct ?[/b]
Yeah one of the big differences is that on the multi piece setup it makes a clean line where the seat back and cushion come together. If you had the look it tends to not look as clean and it looks like something you could buy at walmart

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
Yes I have seen these in person and the custom tight fitted ones are well worth it's weight in gold. You get what you pay for with these guys. The material is nice, the fit is awesome and you just work out the wrinkles and it looks totally custom. There is another site that sells leather covers as well, not sure if its the same company or not, but I have seen those as well.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow thanks for the feedback dudes!

SO EVERYONE REMEMBER TO GET THE MULTI PIECE SETUP!!!

I have tried to contact our member like 4 times and he still hasn't responded and I see that he logs in like every 2 or 3 days... That's not very friendly help from him - I thought our members were supposed to help each other out yet his actions are so sad.

Anyway, I have been busy with school I have two tests I need to study for but right after I finish sometime this weekend I will contact the company myself and see if they can help me match up the picture of his covers with their online options to get an identical match.

Stay tuned!

Grk

·
Registered
85 Posts
QUOTE (Crimsonmt @ Feb 12 2010, 01:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=1636605
They are spot on....If i didnt just put leather in my car i would consider. I never knew they made them for the 6[/b]
Was that done locally or through an online supplier? If it was online, can you let me know where?

As per this thread, I really like the look of the seat covers, but it seems that I can probably get leather for the same or slightly higher price, no?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
do these have issues with our air bags at all??
No they do not at all. These seat covers come specially made from Okele with that intent in mind to keep the air bags functional.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts