Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone side scratched my car in the driver side. I got scratches from the head light till the bottom lip. See attached picture. What do you all think can be done in this situation as it’s kind of a hit and run situation.
What’s your thoughts on the dent?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like you can push it out. May need to put some heat on it first but it doesn't look too bad.
I got the insurance claim of the person hit my car. Do you think I should just work on the repair or replace the whole bumper. But i am kinda worried about the paint match

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dents in the bumper push out with minimal effort. Get a hairdryer or heat gun, warm it up for a minutes (not so close as to discolor the paint), push dent out from inside the bumper. If it's a hot sunny day, you can park it in the sun instead which will get it warm enough. I have pushed out a couple this way.

For paint, I would start with what Talon suggested. You'd be surprised what buffing/polishing will do. If you are that worried about paint match and need to paint it, order some color code specific paint online from one of the various places that make it to order. You could be looking good as new for $50 if you need to buy paint and a hairdryer.
I have a quote to repair it for 575 dollars which will be paid by the insurance of the person who hit my car. Also I have a quote to replace the whole bumper to replace it for 1440 dollars. I am kinda confused as to which route should I proceed as to how the whole bumper replacement would look like when compared to the factory finish.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1440 to replace? Jeez that's steep. I'm looking at replacing front and rear myself and see both bumpers as a set on eBay for $228 and free shipping lol. Enough paint for both shouldn't be more than $150 so I'm hoping to do both myself for less than your lowest quote!
The quote is 1440 but who cares when the other person insurance is paying for it. What would you choose to do in this situation just a repair or whole bumper replacement ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Can anyone help me with the part number as I am seeing two parts one with LED lamps and one without and I am not sure which one to choose

1 - 11 of 11 Posts