Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got the insurance claim of the person hit my car. Do you think I should just work on the repair or replace the whole bumper. But i am kinda worried about the paint match
Dents in the bumper push out with minimal effort. Get a hairdryer or heat gun, warm it up for a minutes (not so close as to discolor the paint), push dent out from inside the bumper. If it's a hot sunny day, you can park it in the sun instead which will get it warm enough. I have pushed out a couple this way.

For paint, I would start with what Talon suggested. You'd be surprised what buffing/polishing will do. If you are that worried about paint match and need to paint it, order some color code specific paint online from one of the various places that make it to order. You could be looking good as new for $50 if you need to buy paint and a hairdryer.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dents in the bumper push out with minimal effort. Get a hairdryer or heat gun, warm it up for a minutes (not so close as to discolor the paint), push dent out from inside the bumper. If it's a hot sunny day, you can park it in the sun instead which will get it warm enough. I have pushed out a couple this way.

For paint, I would start with what Talon suggested. You'd be surprised what buffing/polishing will do. If you are that worried about paint match and need to paint it, order some color code specific paint online from one of the various places that make it to order. You could be looking good as new for $50 if you need to buy paint and a hairdryer.
I have a quote to repair it for 575 dollars which will be paid by the insurance of the person who hit my car. Also I have a quote to replace the whole bumper to replace it for 1440 dollars. I am kinda confused as to which route should I proceed as to how the whole bumper replacement would look like when compared to the factory finish.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
whole bumper replacement would look like when compared to the factory finish.
They have to match the joining panels, so the whole front would be resprayed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts