Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have error "Battery Mgmt System malfunction" on the info screen. When engine is warm it starts a little bit harder. When i first get this error i deleted it with forscan. Today i have received the error again. Is it possible to be something else, but not the battery. The car is Mazda 6 2016 2.5 GT without start/stop, but with i-eloop.In the specification i can see that the required battery is Q85, which cann be bought from Mazda. Im not the first owner of this car and i think that the battery in the car is normal. It is 60 aH 450A KRIGER Kri60JIS.
If its the battery and i have to change it, does anyone have used any alternative battery, for example AGM type? I have attached screens of the error and also of live info from forscan. Thank you!

Regards

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I had that warning. I ignored it then later, I got the "engine system malfunction". I also ignored it until one day, the car won't start so I used my portable JumpStart battery.

And that is the time I took a new battery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had that warning. I ignored it then later, I got the "engine system malfunction". I also ignored it until one day, the car won't start so I used my portable JumpStart battery.

And that is the time I took a new battery.
I have only battery mgmt system malfunction, when did you get the ieloop warning- same time as battery warning or not? What battery did you take? The q85 from mazda or alternative?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I have only battery mgmt system malfunction, when did you get the ieloop warning- same time as battery warning or not? What battery did you take? The q85 from mazda or alternative?
I only have i-Stop. I couldn't remember but I think I only got the battery management warning first then later, the i-Stop warning, and finally all three of them.

I didn't get the one from Mazda but from a friend who works in a battery manufacturing company. She has the privilege to have three batteries for free in a year and she gave one to me. I couldn't confirm what type of battery is this because it doesn't have any labels.

i-Stop is no longer working since I replaced it with that battery. There's a procedure on how to reset it but I didn't bother to do it. Please note that I have removed the battery terminals a couple of times, and every time I connect it, it works, and I don't have to do the reset.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts