Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have error "Battery Mgmt System malfunction" on the info screen. When engine is warm it starts a little bit harder. When i first get this error i deleted it with forscan. Today i have received the error again. Is it possible to be something else, but not the battery. The car is Mazda 6 2016 2.5 GT without start/stop, but with i-eloop.In the specification i can see that the required battery is Q85, which cann be bought from Mazda. Im not the first owner of this car and i think that the battery in the car is normal. It is 60 aH 450A KRIGER Kri60JIS.
If its the battery and i have to change it, does anyone have used any alternative battery, for example AGM type? I have attached screens of the error and also of live info from forscan. Thank you!

Regards

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I had that warning. I ignored it then later, I got the "engine system malfunction". I also ignored it until one day, the car won't start so I used my portable JumpStart battery.

And that is the time I took a new battery.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had that warning. I ignored it then later, I got the "engine system malfunction". I also ignored it until one day, the car won't start so I used my portable JumpStart battery.

And that is the time I took a new battery.
I have only battery mgmt system malfunction, when did you get the ieloop warning- same time as battery warning or not? What battery did you take? The q85 from mazda or alternative?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I have only battery mgmt system malfunction, when did you get the ieloop warning- same time as battery warning or not? What battery did you take? The q85 from mazda or alternative?
I only have i-Stop. I couldn't remember but I think I only got the battery management warning first then later, the i-Stop warning, and finally all three of them.

I didn't get the one from Mazda but from a friend who works in a battery manufacturing company. She has the privilege to have three batteries for free in a year and she gave one to me. I couldn't confirm what type of battery is this because it doesn't have any labels.

i-Stop is no longer working since I replaced it with that battery. There's a procedure on how to reset it but I didn't bother to do it. Please note that I have removed the battery terminals a couple of times, and every time I connect it, it works, and I don't have to do the reset.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I did a bunch of research on this when I also had the Battery Fault on the screen 2 years ago.
Step 1 was I went to the Advance Auto store and they tested my Q85 battery. Reading was perfect so I didn't understand why I was getting this fault.
I pulled out the service books I bought from Mazda for my Mazda 6 GT with i-eloop.
I looked up this section, and did you know there is programming in the Car Computer (not infotainment center) that counts how many times you turn on / off the car? Software engineers call this a bomb timer sometimes (no offense to anyone). When the number of times is met being turned on then this is displayed so you will run to the dealer and get the battery changed out. In my book there is a reset you can do to clear this fault and keep using the battery. It was over 2 years ago that I performed the reset. I have 50K miles on my Mazda 6 from October 2015 (6 years old coming up). Again I only did this because the checkout read good. I do live where it gets below 0F in the winter and no issues. I also have a battery voltage tester that I just plug into the 12V accessories outlet and as long as it reads 11.5 to over 12 in the morning before starting, I should be ok. I plan to buy a new AGM battery from Advance, Pepboys or Batteries Plus for about $200 when the time comes. Make sure to always order them on-line and go pickup. Then you can get 10% off for the purchase by doing on line also get rebate money or points on your credit card.
Oh, I bought the books because I added a front and rear dash cam, installed subwoofer and amp and class 1 hitch (to carry my bicycle only). I looked up all the wiring with it.
Hope this helps out someone.

·
Registered
787 Posts
@scott2031 how do you reset it? Didn't Apple get sued for something like this?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
@scott2031 how do you reset it? Didn't Apple get sued for something like this?
I don't remember reading that in the owner's manual, or I might have missed it, and so I'm interested with the procedure.

As I've said in my previous post, the battery died. I even tried changing it, using my CTEK and then a fast charger from our local battery shop. The guy said that it's no longer holding the charge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts