Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so one one of the items I liked about the Mazda 6 back up camera despite the resolution being poor and no animated turning radius graphic, was the alert of objects in the field of view while backing up. That being said I park on a garage deck at my office and the garage is an open design. On the second floor when I back up into my stall it picks up vehicles on the street level a good 15 feet below. What the heck is this? I've noticed in certain situations the backup alert will go off when there are no objects behind me, only what the camera may interpret as an object in the field of view. Anyone else having this kind of problem?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Something I've noticed is that the cross traffic alerts will go off for any movement around the car. For instance when I'm backing into my driveway, cars driving by on the street in front of me will set the alarm off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The cross traffic detection is by a radar unit that shoots out a wide beam to pick up objects both close and far. Any object moving toward the car that bounces a signal back to the detector can set it off. It's a technology limitation, not a defect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts