Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Mazda 6 2016 (66 plate) and I would like to add an amplifier and 4 new speakers as the system doesn’t sound great. I have no experience in completing an audio upgrade so any advice would be much appreciated. I’m a domestic electrician, so hopefully this will help a little.

To complete the project I will use a LOC (such as PAC-AOEM-MAZ2) and run the RCA cables including remote amp turn on wire to the amp.

From the amp I will then tap into the existing speaker cable and then connect new speakers in each door. Does anybody know how I can easily tap into the existing speaker cable, and where I would do this?

Thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
Personally I would just run new speaker wires with the work it takes to find the factory wires and tap into them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
The way I did this was to get another new red stereo harness and de-pin the 8 speaker wires on top. Remove the 8 speaker wires from the PAC-AOEM-MAZ2 and replace with 8 wires you get from the new harness. Run your amp wires to the new bare wires.

Everything is reversible and nothing would be cut and no running wire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
guy989
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing