Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 6 Advertising'

Can anyone make out the wording on the left border near the top? It says something about "not for public distribution. for xxx survey use only"

For what survey? Where did this originate?

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

I stumbled into that survey also. Plenty stupid ads. I wasn't even sure that it was Mazda behind it.

Dunno for sure, but I THINK it was at www.theallnewmazda6.com I came across it. Many of the ads had sexistic messages. Didn't like them at all. The survey basically was about if you liked the ads or not (based on what target group you were)...

<g>

·
Registered
837 Posts

The saying is "Not for public distribution, for market survey use only"

Wow, that definitely will get the attention. I don't know if it gets the rigth attention. :)

·
Registered
246 Posts

This Advertisement says exactly what Mazda should actually do; 'give the finger' to brands like Opel, VW, Fiat and others with their boring cars..

Coen

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

While I was amused at first, I don't think the ad makes much sense. It could even be construed as one of those ads that you aren't sure if it's for the product, or it's competitor.

Listen to me, I'm speaking as if this was real...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts

The entire line of ads is like school in the summer: no class. I really hate ad campaigns where they make fun of the competition. A product should stand on its own merits. And when you have a car as eye catching as the 6, it should really be featured more rather than as a side piece. Catchy ads are fine, but often you can't think what the product was. All you remember is the gimmick. It's attention getting, but it draws attention to the ad and not the product.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

Originally posted by kenoka

I really hate ad campaigns where they make fun of the competition.  A product should stand on its own merits.    [/b]
Agreed. No ad should stoop low enough to bash it's competition. Can often do more harm than good. lesson I learned while in sales as well.

Just think - if I had a Honda Accord and I liked it, but I was considering another car. Someone (or some company) calls the Accord a piece of junk. Well, guess what - You just lost my business.

·
Registered
837 Posts

What happened to the sound?? Is there sound with that ad??

Still funny though. Too bad those Karakuri seat is not available in all models.

·
Registered
25 Posts

The campaign currently running in Australia is just an extentsion of the existing "Zoom Zoom" one that they have been running here for some time.

Locally shot vision of the Mazda 6 Hatch and Sedan driving around on mostly country roads, all nicely edited to the Zoom Zoom Zoom music.

Nothing special so far....

Seeya...

DMan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts