Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, a coworker said to me that his mazda 3 hatchback with a 2.3 is faster than my mazda 6 v6 because of the weight. Ok, I can believe that the 3 is faster in the corners, but overall, I really don't believe it is faster. The 6 V6 with a manual tranny is a pretty fast car. I don't want to do a street race so, which one you think is faster overall? The 2 cars have a manual gearbox and I believe his car is a 2007 or 2008. Somebody did a similar race?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Prior to my Mazda6, I had a '92 Integra. No it wasn't VTEC, but I did have an Airmass header, full custom exhaust, cold air intake set-up, polished throttle body, etc. It was quick, but there is no alternative for the torque I now have from (my) 3.0 V6. And that is with a wagon, which weights about 350 more than a sedan.

Unless you're asleep, you would most likely beat your friend.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Take it to the nearest track. However he will most likely get the jump on you early, because of how the 3 is geared/tuned but it wont take you long to blow by him. We have a 3 hatch with the 2.3 and its slightly quicker off the line than my 6s, but that advantage doesnt last long

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
you will def get him. if you were a ATX, and he was a MTX, he would probably get you pretty good though. but with you being a mtx, you will def get the win.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
He told me that he does 0-100km/h (0-60mph) in 7 seconds. And his car is stock lol

·
Registered
5,733 Posts
from wiki

In its test results for the 2004 Mazda3 5-door with the 2.3 litre engine, Car and Driver magazine reported a 0-60 mph (0–97 km/h) acceleration time of 7.4 seconds and a governor-limited top speed of 190 km/h (118 mph).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
from wiki

In its test results for the 2004 Mazda3 5-door with the 2.3 litre engine, Car and Driver magazine reported a 0-60 mph (0–97 km/h) acceleration time of 7.4 seconds and a governor-limited top speed of 190 km/h (118 mph).
I believe motor trend had the 6s running a 6.7 or so for 2006 stock.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts