Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I bought a 2017 Mazda 6 Touring and Halogen makes night driving a little difficult. I got these ones on deal for 55 bucks and was thinking to replace the halogen. I checked at a near showroom and they quoted 200$ labour to put this and tweak some electrical so it wont burn off prematurely. Is this the case, any one has experience with this?. Please advice

Here is the link to the Led Kit i bought.

HIKARI Ultra LED Headlight Bulbs Conversion Kit -H11(H8,H9), Prime LED 12000lm 6K Cool White ( Wont allow to post link)

Note : I am not looking for a housing replacement or any just changing the halogen ones to LED if possible.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Vamanan,
I just ordered the Hikari Led lights you mentioned, this after a recommendation from a Service station.
The tech went through and showed me the easiest way to do it.
He spent about 30 minutes with me (no charges). I am fully confident I am able to install them.
He also recommended to replace the highbeam bulbs at the same time.

I am pondering of replacing the backup light as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Vamanan,
I just ordered the Hikari Led lights you mentioned, this after a recommendation from a Service station.
The tech went through and showed me the easiest way to do it.
He spent about 30 minutes with me (no charges). I am fully confident I am able to install them.
He also recommended to replace the highbeam bulbs at the same time.

I am pondering of replacing the backup light as well.
Does it have a fan or just a heatsink?

·
Registered
2016 6
161 Posts
I purchased some of the cougar leds off of amazon for both the lowbeams and the high beams, they’re super simple and just plug right into the stock connector. Haven’t had any issues with them after about 6 months and the brightness is a big difference, at only $40 a pair it’s a great deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts