Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I lost part of my wing mirror when I brushed a tree on a narrow county lane. Took it to a dealer and they quoted me over £300 to replace it

There's a small part missing on the bottom (see pic attached) but they said I need a whole new part

Any ideas of how to replace it in a less expensive way?

It's from a 2015 Sport Nav so has the indicator and is heated/adjustable

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear about the nonsense.

According to JimEllisMazdaParts, you're looking for part # 69-125 (or 69-125Z), but it doesn't look like they have it for sale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all

I lost part of my wing mirror when I brushed a tree on a narrow county lane. Took it to a dealer and they quoted me over £300 to replace it

There's a small part missing on the bottom (see pic attached) but they said I need a whole new part

Any ideas of how to replace it in a less expensive way?

It's from a 2015 Sport Nav so has the indicator and is heated/adjustable

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks - it's also a power folding mirror so couldn't be more expensive to replace from a dealership. I'll have a dig around for that part number but the dealership seemed convinced I needed to replace the whole thing!

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
Thanks - it's also a power folding mirror so couldn't be more expensive to replace from a dealership. I'll have a dig around for that part number but the dealership seemed convinced I needed to replace the whole thing!
That's why we call them stealerships - they make money off repairs and parts, not the sales of vehicles.

Don't quote me on that part number, but it's all I could find quickly. Use JimEllisMazdaParts for specific part numbers or RockAuto or eBay for maybe the whole mirror - would still be cheaper than dealer but you'd have to do it yourself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts