Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "vehicle malfunction light" warning came on in my 2015 Diesel Mazda 6 wagon (115,000km) on the weekend. I took it in to my local Mazda so they could check the alarm log. The reason the light had come on was due to a vacuum pump warning.

The service manager also told me that an alarm had registered a couple of weeks ago when the engine had momentarily overheated. He told me that he suspects the head gasket has failed and cited a bubbling coolant resevoir as proof.

The car drives fine and I have never seen an over temp alarm. Has anyone else had this issue? I am going to contact Mazda and ask them to cover the cost of the head gasket replacment, as surely this is a pre-mature failure as the car has done reasonably low Kms and is only a year or so out of warranty?

Has anyone else been in this situation and had any joy getting Mazda to cover the costs?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
It cant hurt to ask, but good luck with that lol.

As for the bubbling coolant tank, that only works if air is getting in, a leak down or compression test is much more accurate for diagnosing a blown HG.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Mate - heres an update:

Mazda have agreed to pay for all of the works and it is currently being fixed now :) They even loaned me a car for 2 weeks while the work is completed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts