Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have a Mazda 6 2011 model, I wanted to replace spark plugs but I have got a problem with the 4th cylinder others (1-3) have no problem. As I attached pics it looks like the 4th plug socket size is completely different.
Anyone has seen it before or any idea how to remove it.
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
I think you're saying that 1 of your 4 spark plugs requires a different size wrench to remove it. Is that right? If so, that means someone replaced that one plug before (or maybe the other three?) and used a different plug.

Does the #4 plug require a larger or smaller socket than the other three? My plugs required me to get a smaller plug wrench than I've ever owned or used before. Not that it's uncommonly small these days, but smaller than what I've had to have before for a car or pickup.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you're saying that 1 of your 4 spark plugs requires a different size wrench to remove it. Is that right? If so, that means someone replaced that one plug before (or maybe the other three?) and used a different plug.

Does the #4 plug require a larger or smaller socket than the other three? My plugs required me to get a smaller plug wrench than I've ever owned or used before. Not that it's uncommonly small these days, but smaller than what I've had to have before for a car or pickup.
Thank you for your replay, yes it needs a different size wrench to remove it. However, I am confused because as you can see this plug has a circular shape not hex so don't know what to use for removing. Honestly, I have never seen it before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts