Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sharing my Mazda 6 Diesel story

2011 2.2D 180 Sport Sportwagen Engine failure at approximately 110000miles. Oil filter blocked by soot caused by injector one washer leaking. Should have been replaced with the other 3 according to the service schdule at around 70,000. Previous owner skipped this.

About 2000 miles earlier I saw the oil light flickering. Rather than do something about it and get it to an expert , I ignored it and it went away.

I had the engine and turbo reconditioned and it is back to normal. During the recondition the no1 injector did get stuck and required significant effort to free it.

Now at 130,000 , surprised this happened but if I did have warning signs even though this had a ‘FSH’ just the detail was skipped.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gents ! If may i have your help. i have got Mazda 6 2.2L 185HP MZR CD 2010Y hatchback. during summer in July i have got changed the oil +filter (DPF cleaning procedure done too). than 3 weeks ago the oil led start flashing on high RPM ( above 3000) then it got on on lower and lower RPM when it reached the point to got on base RPM but not before the engine reached normal operation temperature. i took the car in garage for another oil change. it worked for a week and the led is on again. sometimes it goes away and comes back. the oil freshly squeezed Castrol oil and the stick is on full level. could you shed some lights please what on earth can be the reason? i have a feeling the cheasel and hummer not gonna be enough to fix it. THe OBD 2 module shows every parameter normal even when the red light is on....
I appreciate any info you could provide. thx

·
Registered
1 Posts
As I know this engine has the similar problem as the previous 2,0 D. Under the engine pan is a strainer whitch can clog after some time and the engine doesnt get sufficient oil preasure. I did the preventive inspection after i bought the car - 120 000 km and the mechanic said it was quite a lot cloged. Then after 30 000 km i did inspection on my own and their was no issue with it. I wont say this is your problem but it might be the thing to think about.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Before my engine failed ( see first post) I experienced oil light flicker. Not necessary at high revs. My engine failed due to deposits in the oil strainer that ultimately failed the engine. There was a period of time before this happened.
To save engine failure you must do the following
1. Get the strainer unblocked As the above post recommended
2. Replace the injector washers , they are cheap to buy but injector one can get seized if the washer has been leaked. This should be done at about 80,000 miles but was skipped by previous owners! The injector washers leak and cause deposit build ups that block the strainer.
3. Change the oil before the mileage triggered DPF warning light starts off at 10,000 miles

From my research it is injector 1 that is the usual suspect

There is a YouTube video of my injector being removed as part of the engine rebuild. I can share this directly as I do not want to be shutdown for advertising, even though it is the person who rebuilt my engine for me successfully!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gents!
I have scheduled visit to my local mechanic next week. I am missing driving already as the oil lamp is on constantly so i dont want to use it. This could be easyfix for a mechanic. I hope this is the case and not something more serious. Will keep you updated! Thx again!

·
Registered
5 Posts
"There is a YouTube video of my injector being removed as part of the engine rebuild. I can share this directly as I do not want to be shutdown for advertising, even though it is the person who rebuilt my engine for me successfully! "

Yes please. Give me your youtube user name and i will look your video up . Then you will not brake any advertisment rules. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sharing my Mazda 6 Diesel story

2011 2.2D 180 Sport Sportwagen Engine failure at approximately 110000miles. Oil filter blocked by soot caused by injector one washer leaking. Should have been replaced with the other 3 according to the service schdule at around 70,000. Previous owner skipped this.

About 2000 miles earlier I saw the oil light flickering. Rather than do something about it and get it to an expert , I ignored it and it went away.

I had the engine and turbo reconditioned and it is back to normal. During the recondition the no1 injector did get stuck and required significant effort to free it.

Now at 130,000 , surprised this happened but if I did have warning signs even though this had a ‘FSH’ just the detail was skipped.
well this is smthng good to be known. thx for sharing

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Apologies I owed an update video.
This was my car being repaired nearly 2 years ago. This was part of the Engine and turbo recon process and this car has run perfectly since and I still own it . This was a collect / repair and deliver service , but I took the opportunity to collect the car and make it into a sightseeing opportunity and a superb drive home! This service saved me scrapping the car to be honest as I had no warranty left. For me a great story.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts