Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just checking to be on the cautious side...
Looking to take the whole exaust off so its easier to work on. Got the engine end free, discnnected all sensors except the two on top of the dpf.

Theres a metal plate under the exhaust around the center of the car. If i take this off the exhaust should drop out nicely in one piece. Is it safe to remove this plate? Its not going to do anything unexpected like deform the car if i remove it?

Got some wynns dpf cleaner as dpf light flashing on all the time and nothing else has touched it so far.

Thanks in advance,
Al

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Hello!

If you can post a picture or two, @Trollz3457 might have an idea if it's safe to do so. I understand it's a diesel but there should be some similarities with the gasoline variant.

I'm thinking of that metal plate as in insulator of a sort but I'm not sure as I haven't done it before and I have the 2018 model so there could be different.

·
Registered
2016 6
516 Posts
If i'm being honest I've never been under a diesel mazda 6 so I don't really have a picture in my head but if the exhaust is close to the same as our gas engines over here than that small metal plate is totally ok to remove. If it's like a rectangular plate with 4-6 bolts that just goes across the bottom of the car than it's the same but It's purpose is to stiffen the chassis a bit but honestly I've had mine off for almost a year now with no difference noted.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Theres a metal plate under the exhaust around the center of the car. If i take this off the exhaust should drop out nicely in one piece. Is it safe to remove this plate? Its not going to do anything unexpected like deform the car if i remove it?
If it has a bolt, its meant to come off. If its welded, not so much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts