Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there, I have 2009 2.2 diesel sport with the red push button start and red key warning light and the car wont start.I know its a pretty common issue. This is the second time it has happened to me.The first time I brought it to the dealer, they did the diagnostics but it didnt show no faults what so ever, so they resetted the ecu and programmed the keys again and after that the car drove again.But after a month driving the red start button is back and I cant start the car.I have read that it may be a grounding issue or a keyless control module problem.Some cases replacing the steering lock module have solved the problem.Since I dont have a Mazda dealer near me and last time getting there was a pretty much nightmare, because of a long distance, would it be possible to reprogram the keys and reset the ecu by myself if I have the Mazda diagnostic software and what more would I need, beside as built data?
Appreciate any help!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i had those red key and push start button cause i jump started the car(battery dead). solve it by disconnecting the battery for 20-30 mins

1 - 2 of 2 Posts