Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an aftermarket HID kit installed in my car. On a long trip the engine check lights up and the car starts to use a lot of gas and the exhaust looks like it's running on diesel. When i came back from the trip, i took it to the shop. Now the funny thing is that the shop tells me that these faults is due to the aftermarket HID xenon kit, because the xenon kit should have made some "noise" on the CAN BUS. Have anyone had the same problem ?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
87 Posts
Theres a bigger issue here, they are just saying that because you told them you added aftermarket stuff. I would go to a Mazda dealer and let them do their own diagnostics.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I believe there is a TSB on this issue

Hi,

I have an aftermarket HID kit installed in my car. On a long trip the engine check lights up and the car starts to use a lot of gas and the exhaust looks like it's running on diesel. When i came back from the trip, i took it to the shop. Now the funny thing is that the shop tells me that these faults is due to the aftermarket HID xenon kit, because the xenon kit should have made some "noise" on the CAN BUS. Have anyone had the same problem ?

Thanks in advance
Can't remeber the exact details but there is TSB on 09's for the check engine light. The dealer should always check these when you go in for service. If they don't then go to another dealer who will.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do you have a site for TSBs?:)
AlldataDIY has TSB information available. I not sure how much it is now, but I am guessing the service costs about $20 or so a year for a subscription for one car.
I found the service quite helpful for a 98 Avenger, 90 Camry, and 95 Avenger that I used to drive. Otherwise google it and it might be somewhere on the Mazda site, especially if you register your car with them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts