Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I’m having problems once again with my 2007 Mazda 6.
I’ve had a lot of seemingly electrical problems since buying the car. Here is a thread of a previous problem I was having:

I’ve been having more similar problems if the car stands for a day or two without use.
I went abroad for 10 days and when I was back the car was dead. Got a jump start and it ran fine for a couple of days. Then the battery was randomly dead once again (after just a few hours of no use). Got a jump start and got it home.
Tried starting the car immediately after turning it off at home. It would not start.

Now it’s behaving differently then in previous battery deaths:

- Dashboard lights normally but with all warning lights on. Stays that way. Same behavior in Neutral and Park

- Key fob remote doesn’t do anything and lock system doesn't work together on doors. Only the manual key to the door works.

- Radio does not turn on

- Nothing happens when I try to start the car.

- I’ve tried charging the battery for a few hours. No difference.

- Battery is just a few months old.

- On it’s last drive I did notice “ABS” and “slippery ground” light up. Might have been all of them but I just noticed at the last minute before parking.

I’m going to have it toughed to a repair shop in a few days but thought I’d check here if there might be a simple solution first.
This might be my Mazda’s last chance as I’m getting really fed up with these problems and have put a lot of money into repairs.

Thank you

·
Registered
2005 6s Grand Touring Wagon
121 Posts
Does it still start when jump started or is that out also?
Mine had a similar issue that was a function of a bad relay (or two)
No radio or autolock points to the "room" fuse inside the car at the driver's footwell, but could also be a low power issue. Interior lights are also on "room" fuse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it still start when jump started or is that out also?
Mine had a similar issue that was a function of a bad relay (or two)
No radio or autolock points to the "room" fuse inside the car at the driver's footwell, but could also be a low power issue. Interior lights are also on "room" fuse.
Hey @mitro6ual
no it does not start even when jump started.

·
Registered
2005 6s Grand Touring Wagon
121 Posts
I had an issue where my dash lit up like that, it was a bad ABS module, but didn't prevent the car from running.
Start looking at fuses/relays. I had a bad relay that kept the car from starting and the "key lock" icon stayed on.
I also had a burned out fuel pump fuse, but the fuse itself was fine, the burn was on the "hot leg".

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had an issue where my dash lit up like that, it was a bad ABS module, but didn't prevent the car from running.
Start looking at fuses/relays. I had a bad relay that kept the car from starting and the "key lock" icon stayed on.
I also had a burned out fuel pump fuse, but the fuse itself was fine, the burn was on the "hot leg".
Thank you,

I should have included that I'm in no way experienced with this kind of work except for the problems I've tried fixing with this Mazda. The Room fuse theory sounds probable. I'll try swapping that fuse and take it from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
By chance it didnt set off the security system this last time did it? Is the anti theft flashing faster than normal?

My moms Honda, you need to enter a code if you disconnect the battery to get half the car to work again. Also random, have you had the battery tested or taken off the top cover to be sure the water/liquid inside is clear? I had a battery once brand new had a bunch of white mineral build up, car would run for 2 to 4 days then die for weeks before I realized what it was. (testing the battery while running and right after it was off, it showed fine, it was after a day of sitting I noticed it was just about 12 volts which may or may not start my car)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts