Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have looked allover various forums, and decided to replace broken rear mirror (passenger side), based on this wonderful post by Cornholio:
http://forum.mazda6club.com/interior-modifications/158086-replacing-driver-side-mirror.html
The problem is that all instructions are based on driver side rear mirror, and the trim which needs to be removed is different on passenger door. In Mazda6 Workshop manual there is nothing about passenger door trim removal.

I took out twitter, removed screws behind door handle and courtesy light and I pop the plastic fasteners which keep door trim at place. Difference from driver side is the big door handle, which is attached by 2 big screws, presumably directly to some inner part (i took a peak with the help of flashlight). When you take the door handle cover, you can see 2 screws buried deep in 2 narrow holes. I did not know if I should just use more force to take the trim away, or unscrew those two first. Difference between two doors - below.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
A regular socket and rachet set should work (I think it's called a rachet anyway). I think it's either a 9 or 10mm socket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you again! Finally i will fix it - it is not that hard once you know what to do exactly. 80$ I would pay for the fix seems ripoff now! I think I will post detailed description for others with "narrow garage door" problem :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts