Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi since it's 2007 I would like to ask some whom owned or just purchased a 2007 editon of a Mazda 6 or 6 speed if there is any difference other than the year ? what kind of features does the 2007 have that the 2006
and other later models didn't have.

Any takers ?

Mazdaman6.0

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
There are some small things in the lower trim levels, slightly more standard equipment or repackaged options or something like that. But top trim levels are identical.

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
You can't get a moonroof unless you buy a Touring model with leather :irate: :swearin:[/b]
They should make the moonroof optional on higher trim levels. I got a GT but I didn't want a moonroof on mine.

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
As mentioned above, not too much difference between '06 and '07 model years other than packaging. I believe the biggest change is TCS and Side Airbags are now standard on all models instead of being optional on lower models. Unfortunately, still no TPMS option :angry: . If you look around you can get an '07 model at a great deal, I got my '07 6s GT for under invoice (Just a hair over invoice if you include tax and tags, still way under MSRP though). It had less than 10 miles on it.

Paul

·
Registered
36 Posts
the front and rear lights are different too... they're black on the 2007 and they're red on the older ones... i think i've seen some with red and white but they could be aftermarket

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
the front and rear lights are different too... they're black on the 2007 and they're red on the older ones... i think i've seen some with red and white but they could be aftermarket[/b]

nope, that started the previous year. my 2006 6s has black headlights and tails, came that way right off the dealer floor.

my gripe with the new packages for 2007 is the way that options are packaged and many are restricted to the higher models. My 6s Sport has the Bose/Moonroof package and cloth seats. That package is no longer available and to get the moonroof in 2007 I would have to get at least the touring model and still not the same stereo.

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I really wish I had a moonroof on my six, actually thinking about an aftermarket one, but with the problems I've heard with them, Im not too sure about it.[/b]
Back in 2000 I added an aftermarket sunroof to my 1999 Protege DX. I never had any problems with it in the 2 years that I had the car. Plus, it had a really cool feature that shut the sunroof when I turned the car off. Most of the aftermarket roofs are covered lifetime, so longer than the OEM one would be.

nope, that started the previous year. my 2006 6s has black headlights and tails, came that way right off the dealer floor.
my gripe with the new packages for 2007 is the way that options are packaged and many are restricted to the higher models. My 6s Sport has the Bose/Moonroof package and cloth seats. That package is no longer available and to get the moonroof in 2007 I would have to get at least the touring model and still not the same stereo.[/b]
I have the 06 i Sport sedan with the Bose/Sunroof package, and I'd be pissed being forced to get leather seats just to get the sunroof and still not getting the Bose 6CD. I wanted both options on my car, so picking the package with both wasn't a detriment to me when buying.

Also, the 2007s have a shorter warranty than the 06 and older Mazda6 does. It's 3/36 basic, and then 5/60 powertrain vs. 4/50k for the entire vehicle. That wouldn't have mattered to me much even, because I got a 6 year/100k warranty on mine with a $100 deductible for less than $900.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I got the Bose/Moonroof/Spoiler package because I thought the stereo would be really good (a lot better than it is), I have had sunroofs in the last 2 cars and lurve them, and I like the spoiler look. Along with the s package look I thought it was the best option package for the money. I do not like leather, having had it in my old car. My '06 has the black head and tail lights. I think it looks great on my white 6.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The refresh was with the 2006, there are a number of differences from 2005 to 2006, most notably redesigned seats and interior trim.

As others have said, from 2006 to 2007 they just shuffled the packages a bit.

If you know which features you want, you can use my site to see which year provides them with the fewest things you don't want. Price a 2006 against a 2007, and select the features you want. The program will handle the rest.

Vehicle price comparisons

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.