Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys,thanks for making me part of the forum,nice to meet you all.

i have a mazda 6 hatch 2003 and the drivers side window died.I tried all i could checked everythingbut no good.I bought a window button box off ebay,i have all 3 windows (passengers) working now but the drivers window wont budge.No movement at all-just a dull "clunk'/click every time i pull button up or push down.Im wndering if the window motor is dead somehow.

Anyone have any FIX ideas?
thx for any help,its much appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the reply DrFeelGood. No mate i havent taken the motor out yetor the regulator.The window does not move,and its doesnt make any motor sound or any movement like its jammed.It makes a dull clunk each time i press the window button.The window button box is brand new as the old one was faulty.I was wondering if maybe a loose wire or dodgy wire or a bad fuse.i was just wondering if anybody had a similar problem and possible solution.Thx for any suggestions appreciate it.

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,006 Posts
Sounds like your gear box is stripped and jammed. Easy fix, but if you have auto up/down, getting the right motor can be tricky cause people dont mark them as having 6 connectors vs 2.
@MadzMan This is quite possible. Living where you do, your market is the JDM cars. I think the difference is 6-pin vs 4-pin? If yours have auto down for the two front doors (auto 4 window vent auto up on front 2 possibly as well) then that is what you are looking for. The early (2003-2005) ones over here state-side (this would be 2002-2004 for you) were different than the "facelift" cars that came just after. All the early were basic 4 pin window motor switches.
Window Motor Replacement Tutorial?

·
Registered
5 Posts
MadzMan...
Yep, sounds like window "elevator" is bent or stripped.

ALSO, very wise since you have the window/door apart is to REPLACE window motor now ('cause they fail very common, one easy but irritating fault ).

At a breaker you should get window mechanisms cheap BUT get a NEW good quality window motor, you'll be happy you done it.!
PS, welcome...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@MadzMan This is quite possible. Living where you do, your market is the JDM cars. I think the difference is 6-pin vs 4-pin? If yours have auto down for the two front doors (auto 4 window vent auto up on front 2 possibly as well) then that is what you are looking for. The early (2003-2005) ones over here state-side (this would be 2002-2004 for you) were different than the "facelift" cars that came just after. All the early were basic 4 pin window motor switches.
Window Motor Replacement Tutorial?
Ill check out that tutorial,thank mate (y)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MadzMan...
Yep, sounds like window "elevator" is bent or stripped.

ALSO, very wise since you have the window/door apart is to REPLACE window motor now ('cause they fail very common, one easy but irritating fault ).

At a breaker you should get window mechanisms cheap BUT get a NEW good quality window motor, you'll be happy you done it.!
PS, welcome...
Thx BikeProf ill do my research and try a new motor,thx for your help (y)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts