Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Mazda 6 folks!
My name is Mat, from OrangeVirus Tuning. (Ovtuned)

I understand that I need to become a sponsor to sell services on this forum.
This post is not for a service or to sell.

I am posting that OrangeVirus tuning would like to select one person from this forum to give us and our tune an Unbiased review.
We ask that this be for a 2014 Mazda 6 Skyactiv 2.5L, preferably 6 Speed MT
To make it completely fair, and not just a "first poster takes" We ask that an Administrator, or Moderator pick someone (if that's ok?) who is an active forum member (just so a member doesn't come in make a new account grab a tune and disappear! That would suck!)

We will provide you with:
All the necessary hardware- free of charge
The necessary Software - free of charge
a full ECU Tune - free of charge

This will be an E-Tune. Basically you will perform simple datalogging with your vehicle (Windows Laptop required), and we will send you updated ROM's to flash your ECU.

Sounds scary? it's not. The best part? You cannot harm your ECU if you were to accidentally pull the plug! *We have never had a single incidence of a bricked ECU*

All we ask is that you review us. Completely unbiased, for better or worse.
We are very happy to say that we have calibrated and tuned several Skyactiv engines (so many we lost count), including the 2.5L. Even a supercharged skyactiv 2.0L.
We would love to extend tuning to the Mazda 6 community, and we are very confident in saying that you won't be disappointed. However we ask that you don't take our word for it, We are asking for an unbiased Reviewer!

here is an in-progress review, for instance (however we are only looking for a forum review) Tom's Hardware Project Car: Mazda5 ECU Tuning

Orangevirus Tuning is *most likely* one of the only tuners who has access to ALL mapping available in the Skyactiv ECU. ( We're talking 3300+ maps). Access to everything, RPM limiters, speed limiters, DTC, Etc.

We are more than happy to become a forum sponsor, But We would first like to extend ourselves out to the community, as a form of trust if you will. With the right amount of money, anyone could become a forum sponsor and provide a service, but is that a service you can trust? We want to extend a "shaking hand" out to the Mazda 6 community and would love the feedback.

If this post breaks any rules, which I didn't find anything specific to this in the rule section, please edit or delete it.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Can't wait to see this! I would love to get rid of some of the throttle lag in the DBW

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Good God I just saw this...only because of Ballsy's recent post. The organization of this website's forums leaves a lot to be desired.

Anyways, the timing for this offer isn't perfect since it isn't 90 degrees outside anymore in SD, but free is a very good price...I'll bite if nobody else does.

Mat/ OrangeVirus Tuning,
As the other guys already said, I have a 2014 mazda6 MTX, and my car is modded in not so insiginficant ways as would apply to a tune (muffler, SRI and cold air box all had their own significant impacts on knock, and performance).

And per my thread,(http://forum.mazda6club.com/2-5l-i-4/331586-custom-tune-notes-91-octane-sri-high-flow-exhaust.html) I have my own objectives that may or may not match with the majority of owners...of course this could be an opportunity for you to get an even better understanding of what's really going on with this engine, including bouncing your ideas off an engineer and how to take advantage of it with a tune.

If I am picked somebody needs to PM me so I don't miss it.

·
Super Moderator
17,975 Posts
@OrangeVirus Tuning

I cannot find any faults with the post so don't be worried about that. If a forum member is willing to "offer up" their car for this service, then I do not see why I should not allow them to do so.

Whomever is willing to do this, please remember that this has nothing to do with our website, and we hold no bearing as to what the outcome is. We are merely here for a gateway in which people can distribute information.
@solar365 You're more than welcome to undergo this if you'd like. I'm sure there are many others on here who would go for a free tune (including myself) but clearly you're ahead of the rest of us with your mods and tuning thus far.

Again, this process and anything that may be connected to OrangeVirus Tuning is in NO way affiliated with Mazda6Club and therefore holds no bearing as to what risks may be involved. Be aware that you are doing this on your own accord and you and your car's fate lie solely in the hands of OrangeVirus Tuning.

Mat - If you would like to officially become a sponsor of this forum and be allowed to post your tuning offers, please contact an administrator to fill out the necessary paperwork. Until then, the only services you may provide are that of FREE ones. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Buyakuya, he is asking a mod to select a member so he knows he can trust them to give a fair review of his product and will not scam him.

I am posting that OrangeVirus tuning would like to select one person from this forum to give us and our tune an Unbiased review.
To make it completely fair, and not just a "first poster takes" We ask that an Administrator, or Moderator pick someone (if that's ok?) who is an active forum member
I'll advocate for myself that I've got over 900 posts here, many of which have been related to the 2.5G engine and related modifications and power potential. I've started or contributed content to many of those types of threads with 10s of thousands of views, so I would think my critique would be trusted and carry as much weight as anybody's.

·
Super Moderator
17,975 Posts
Buyakuya, he is asking a mod to select a member so he knows he can trust them to give a fair review of his product and will not scam him.

I'll advocate for myself that I've got over 900 posts here, many of which have been related to the 2.5G engine and related modifications and power potential. I've started or contributed content to many of those types of threads with 10s of thousands of views, so I would think my critique would be trusted and carry as much weight as anybody's.
Right, and I don't think anyone would disagree that you're a great candidate. All I was saying that you make sure that you're up for it :)

·
Registered
777 Posts
Looking forward to the AUTO Version of this!

Hello Mazda 6 folks!
My name is Mat, from OrangeVirus Tuning. (Ovtuned)

I understand that I need to become a sponsor to sell services on this forum.
This post is not for a service or to sell.

We will provide you with:
All the necessary hardware- free of charge
The necessary Software - free of charge
a full ECU Tune - free of charge

This will be an E-Tune. Basically you will perform simple datalogging with your vehicle (Windows Laptop required), and we will send you updated ROM's to flash your ECU.

Sounds scary? it's not. The best part? You cannot harm your ECU if you were to accidentally pull the plug! *We have never had a single incidence of a bricked ECU*

All we ask is that you review us. Completely unbiased, for better or worse.
We are very happy to say that we have calibrated and tuned several Skyactiv engines (so many we lost count), including the 2.5L. Even a supercharged skyactiv 2.0L.
We would love to extend tuning to the Mazda 6 community, and we are very confident in saying that you won't be disappointed. However we ask that you don't take our word for it, We are asking for an unbiased Reviewer!

Orangevirus Tuning is *most likely* one of the only tuners who has access to ALL mapping available in the Skyactiv ECU. ( We're talking 3300+ maps). Access to everything, RPM limiters, speed limiters, DTC, Etc.

We are more than happy to become a forum sponsor, But We would first like to extend ourselves out to the community, as a form of trust if you will. With the right amount of money, anyone could become a forum sponsor and provide a service, but is that a service you can trust? We want to extend a "shaking hand" out to the Mazda 6 community and would love the feedback.
Thanks for the HEADS UP (and "hand shake"), and welcome to the Forum! I believe I can say confidently, we're ALL WAITING in SUSPENSE for this to take place. PLEASE keep us abreast of this, and especially when the AUTOMATIC Version is ready.

Also, can you post SPECS and PICS associated with the Supercharged 2.0L SkyActiv Vehicle you referenced here and on your website? I know I've contemplated a SC Upgrade, and to execute that with a ECU Tuning would be "nirvana"! Thanks again, and best of luck on getting the right candidate for this opportunity.

NOTE: I'd love for Before / After MPG Changes / Results to be included on the write-up, for whoever gets this. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
+1 for @solar365. I wish I could qualify, but I'm nowhere near AZ. I look forward to the results (especially DYNO Results)!
Shoot, if I get the tune for free I'll probably splurge on what I was pondering before to dyno my car and pay for somebody else to have a free dyno on their bone stock MTX 3rd gen 6 at the same time.
That's the best comparison you can get. No two cars are alike, but I believe the differences between two cars is likely to be less than the differences between dyno runs on different days or different dynos for the same car (baselined stock vs modded). It will correlate modded horsepower and torque to flywheel equivalent hp and torque which is what we are all really interested in anyways.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the replies! and sorry to get back to this thread so late, We've been extremely busy, and we now have another tuner on board, so that's great news!

So Solar365 seems to be the Candidate, which is fine by us! As long as you're OK with it we are.
If you could PM me your email address, so that I can get a little information from you, (name..address) to send the hardware out, and a link to our tuning software.

We do understand that with E-Tuning, quite a few folks don't have the time or money to hop on a Dyno before and after, Not an issue we aren't looking for you to give out specific Dyno results (although that always helps!) A lot of our customers instead like to compare acceleration times (the software helps you with this in great detail) like 0-60 or 40-60, 60-80, etc. there are many avenues you can approach to show some of the difference.
However, we do know that some people simply care about what it shows on a Dyno and not much else, so we do understand that.

But we would like this review to be about user experience with us, experience with the software, flashing files, how the car responds, and how we treated you.

A little info about the 2.0 supercharger SKY.
It is currently using a customized Phantom Electronic Supercharger, which makes about 5psi of peak boost, tapering to about 2psi by redline. Not really meant for HUGE gains in power, but definitely brings on nice amount of down low torque. (for instance this same setup on the 2.5L MZR made +55WTQ on the dyno at under 3k rpm!)
We are still working on finishing tuning it, as the skyactiv ECU is quite complex, and adding boost the equation doesn't make it easier.
What's really nice is, that the Skyactiv ECU comes factory with mapping for loads above 1.0 (some mapping all the way to 1.5!.. which makes us think.... What's Mazda Doing? Possible Turbocharged Skyactiv in the near future. However..we can only speculate. But to compare, the only other ECU that has mapping like this is a Mazdaspeed 3 / 6 :)
I'll see if We can get any videos or updated pics from Ben, and I'll post them

thanks!

-Also to make it clear, this is already available for both the 6MT and Automatic, We were just preferring that the reviewer be 6MT

·
Registered
462 Posts
Matt, love that your doing this and when your ready I'd like to get a tune for my AT equipped car.
Like Solar, I'd like to kind of keep stockish tune below 3K to keep the fuel mileage and just have proper calibrated mass air sensor readings! With my K&N intake the LTFT's at idle are -13%!
And more power above 3K would be awesome!
I also have the "Sport Mode" button if you can access different mapping that way.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Matt/OrangeVirus Tuning, I sent you a private message with my contact info last Friday and have not been contact yet. I'm not in a rush, but I am curious when you intend to start the process, so please let me know.

Thanks in advance...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts