Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
484 Posts
has anyone experienced these codes and what did they do to rectify them
Scroll down to "Diagnostic and repair procedures"

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Mazda 6 2016 Touring 2.2 Diesel. Last software update was done when I had my recall done in 03/2020. Yesterday engine light came on and I used my OBD reader and 2 codes came up:
1. P2262 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical
2. P0471 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Range/Performance

Currently I have Orange capped exhaust pressure sensor(SH02CK5204). I removed and cleaned it there was some carbon build up in the sensor. I did a test drive and engine light came on again with the same codes. Do you think it could be due to a faulty sensor? Is SHY618W00 is the latest version of the sensor and how hard is it to replace myself? Any other suggestions are also welcome. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Mazda 6 2016 Touring 2.2 Diesel. Last software update was done when I had my recall done in 03/2020. Yesterday engine light came on and I used my OBD reader and 2 codes came up:
1. P2262 Turbocharger/Supercharger Boost Pressure Not Detected - Mechanical
2. P0471 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Range/Performance

Currently I have Orange capped exhaust pressure sensor(SH02CK5204). I removed and cleaned it there was some carbon build up in the sensor. I did a test drive and engine light came on again with the same codes. Do you think it could be due to a faulty sensor? Is SHY618W00 is the latest version of the sensor and how hard is it to replace myself? Any other suggestions are also welcome. Thanks in advance

Mine also came on after I got the recall. And same codes. But also brake pedal position/accelerator pedal position not compatible

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine also came on after I got the recall. And same codes. But also brake pedal position/accelerator pedal position not compatible
Mine is fine now and it was only the sensor which needed replacement. I took it to nearest mazda dealer on the suggestion by someone from other forum and mazda approved free replacement. New part number is same as mentioned above SHY618W00. I didn’t pay a cent, not even labour cost. As mentioned above mazda has released few revisions of the exhaust pressure sensor and I had an old one. My car is out of warranty but still they approved it. I’m located in Melbourne, Australia. Have yours checked as well. Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received the same error yesterday, I did clear the code and it has not come back. I didn't notice any difference in the car operation. except it was -9 c cold start yesterday. I hope it will not come back. From what I have read a lot of people have complained about the pressure sensors needed replacement. form diagram I can see there are two exhaust pressure gas sensors. I have marked them in yellow. which sensor was it for you

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is fine now and it was only the sensor which needed replacement. I took it to nearest mazda dealer on the suggestion by someone from other forum and mazda approved free replacement. New part number is same as mentioned above SHY618W00. I didn’t pay a cent, not even labour cost. As mentioned above mazda has released few revisions of the exhaust pressure sensor and I had an old one. My car is out of warranty but still they approved it. I’m located in Melbourne, Australia. Have yours checked as well. Cheers
Good for you! I’m also experiencing the same problems with my CX 5. Do you mind telling me the name of Mazda dealership you went to? Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received the same error yesterday, I did clear the code and it has not come back. I didn't notice any difference in the car operation. except it was -9 c cold start yesterday. I hope it will not come back. From what I have read a lot of people have complained about the pressure sensors needed replacement. form diagram I can see there are two exhaust pressure gas sensors. I have marked them in yellow. which sensor was it for you

View attachment 241908
Same issue on my cx-5 (same engine), and I replaced the part called 13-X83 in the drawing you posted. It's not an identical replacement to the old orange sensor, but rather a modification kit (part no SHY618W00 as previously commented by another user). This is a metal housing sensor as opposed to the old plastic one. It's fairly easy to replace, so long as you have a long pair of pliers to open the clamps. After replacement I reset the codes and all was good.

The part cost me 1185 NOK (ABOUT 110 GBP) as the car is an older model and out warranty (by a few weeks:( )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts