Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hy guys! I have a mazda 6 engine 2.2 year 2009. I just cleaned my dfp filter but the error is still on. After a diagnostic test at service the mechanic told me that I have "crankshaft sensor" problem. So for that he cant reset my dpf. If is someone which has this problem please tell me what you did. Thanks! ?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problem but I'm the only active member who owns a diesel variant here. And I can't offer any help...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hy guys! I have a mazda 6 engine 2.2 year 2009. I just cleaned my dfp filter but the error is still on. After a diagnostic test at service the mechanic told me that I have "crankshaft sensor" problem. So for that he cant reset my dpf. If is someone which has this problem please tell me what you did. Thanks! ?
Hi, I have the same problem, did you manage to sort it out? Thanks

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
No mate I didn't. What about you?
Hey! You're back. I'm sorry to hear that until now you haven't sorted out what to do with your car. I just wonder, can you run the car at any speed? I mean, are you not limited to what gear to engage and run only at a certain speed.

I remember happening this with Hyundai Santa Fe, it was past the schedule for PMS and so there was a light indicator. After running it beyond the recommended distance, it won't go past 3rd gear unless you switch to manual mode.

I think this is what you call a limp mode in an automatic transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey! You're back. I'm sorry to hear that until now you haven't sorted out what to do with your car. I just wonder, can you run the car at any speed? I mean, are you not limited to what gear to engage and run only at a certain speed.

I remember happening this with Hyundai Santa Fe, it was past the schedule for PMS and so there was a light indicator. After running it beyond the recommended distance, it won't go past 3rd gear unless you switch to manual mode.

I think this is what you call a limp mode in an automatic transmission.
Hello mate. Yes, I can drive the car but sometimes it's limited. That it is happening to me after I change the engine. I checked the wiring, I replaced the camshaft and crankshaft sensor but nothing....stil the same problem

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
You replaced the engine? I thought you just cleaned the DPF and the mechanic can't reset the codes.

@DrFeelGood , are you familiar with this error code? This is for the diesel engine but the code might be similar for the camshaft error code in a gasoline engine.

·
Rally Racer
2,561 Posts
You replaced the engine? I thought you just cleaned the DPF and the mechanic can't reset the codes.

@DrFeelGood , are you familiar with this error code? This is for the diesel engine but the code might be similar for the camshaft error code in a gasoline engine.
Hey @Archerfish good to hear from you. This looks like a diesel specific question and does not translate to the petrol engine.
The closest I can tell from looking at recalls and Mazda info is possibly related to a recall involving a timing chain fault. It looks like this error comes from timing chain elongation (out of spec) or as a result of chain replacement and lack of calibration.

I have attached the information I could dredge up on the procedure.

1. Start the engine and warm it up.
Engine coolant temperature: more than 65 degrees.

2. Before carrying out the inspection of chain elongation, prepare the vehicle in the following conditions.
  • Turn off the A / C switch
  • Turn off the lights, automatic lights and any other light.
  • Hold the steering wheel in the center.
3. Turn off the engine by turning the key to OFF.

4. Connect the M-MDS to the DLC-2.

5. Once you have identified the vehicle, select the following options from the home screen M-MDS.
(1). Select "Data Logger"
(2). Select "Modules".
(3). Select "PCM".

6. Select the PID "CC_DIFP_WOA (ANGL)"

7. Select the PID "RPM (RPM)"

8. Start the engine and run it at idle.

9. The value of PID "CC_DIFP_WOA (ANGL)" will appear after 10 seconds after the engine start. Check the value to verify if the timing chain needs to be replaced or not.

10.44 degrees or less: the repair is complete.
10.45 degrees or more, perform repair procedure.

Note:
If the value is 0, wait until the value changes and becomes different to 0.

Good luck friends. Don't forget your mask and wash hands.

@Gabi

1 - 8 of 8 Posts