Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone. I'm new proud owner of 2011. Mazda 6 with 2.2 CD engine and GTA spec level of equipment. I think that car only lacks navi and sunroof... everything else is included. It has 108 000 km or roughly 67 000 miles. I'm second owner. I have a plan to slightly modify it regarding outside look, wheels, interior... performance wise I'll just do stage 1 chip tuning and that would be it, some better brake discs and pads...
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Land vehicle

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
272 Posts
Nice! I like black cars, when they're clean....

Welcome along btw

I used to visit your country more than twice a year back in the day. Nice place.

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
272 Posts
He probably means a stage 1 ECU remap which on a diesel only gains about 22% power but for around 100 euro tokens it ain't bad and there's no modifications needed for this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In Europe more common phrase is chip tuning or stage 1 ECU tune as stated by Raymond... you get like 22% on HP and 27% on torque... from 163 HP to 200 HP and 360 to 460 Nm... which is a really nice gain and best bang for a buck... it shaves around 1 second from 0-100 time and a lot more on 80 to 120 km/h and from 100 to 200 km/h...

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
In Europe more common phrase is chip tuning or stage 1 ECU tune as stated by Raymond... you get like 22% on HP and 27% on torque... from 163 HP to 200 HP and 360 to 460 Nm... which is a really nice gain and best bang for a buck... it shaves around 1 second from 0-100 time and a lot more on 80 to 120 km/h and from 100 to 200 km/h...
I am posting this for your reference:

No modifications to the exhaust system, so this is the safest maximum tune I got from OVT.

Kindly update us to your stage 1 ECU tune.

EDIT: I have a 2018 (2017 US equivalent I think) 2.2 SkyActiv D with 58,000 km.

Your torque figure is very high compared to mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

No modifications to the exhaust system, so this is the safest maximum tune I got from OVT.

I'll post dyno reads once I got it tuned. Figures are maybe a bit higher since my is Euro spec, I'm not sure

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I'll post dyno reads once I got it tuned. Figures are maybe a bit higher since my is Euro spec, I'm not sure

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I was thinking if it's a typo, 260 instead of 360 Nm. Anyways, I have the 3rd Gen so there could be some changes. What is CD by the way? Mine is marketed as SkyActiv D but yours is CD.

Don't tell me it's compact disc! Or disk? Now I'm confused...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was thinking if it's a typo, 260 instead of 360 Nm. Anyways, I have the 3rd Gen so there could be some changes. What is CD by the way? Mine is marketed as SkyActiv D but yours is CD.

Don't tell me it's compact disc! Or disk? Now I'm confused...
I think it stand for Commonrail Diesel CD...

Not sure about the Nm figures, but 260 Nm from 2.2 turbo diesel is somewhat on the weak side... Maybe because of emmission restrictions they tune it to less but that makes no sense to me

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Right! That could be one of the reasons. I was told that if I were to remove the DPF and other mumbo-jumbo things on my exhaust system, I'll have a good jump on my WHP. I remember that I must have at least 3" pipe for the exhaust or something.

I didn't bother to inquire as I don't plan to push the car to its limit.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts