Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

I live in Portugal, i own an Mazda 6 2002 2.0 Diesel engine and i´m having an issue with brakes. in a normal use i´ve vacumm to brake even at high speeds, but at idle if i pull the pedal more than 2 times it gets solid and brakes don´t work.

The mechanic already changed vacumm pump ,servo, master cylinder and some hoses but the car keeps doing the same, now it says the car doesn´t produce enough vacumm on idle(???).

I´ve searched in this forum for anything related to this but no luck ,only via google i´ve found someone with the same problem:

Would aprecciate if someone could help

Best regards

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,625 Posts
Hello everyone

I live in Portugal, i own an Mazda 6 2002 2.0 Diesel engine and i´m having an issue with brakes. in a normal use i´ve vacumm to brake even at high speeds, but at idle if i pull the pedal more than 2 times it gets solid and brakes don´t work.

The mechanic already changed vacumm pump ,servo, master cylinder and some hoses but the car keeps doing the same, now it says the car doesn´t produce enough vacumm on idle(???).

I´ve searched in this forum for anything related to this but no luck ,only via google i´ve found someone with the same problem:

Would aprecciate if someone could help

Best regards
Hello. We do not have the diesel variant in North America and I am generally unfamiliar with diesel cars in general. The basics with vacuum assist brakes is that it need to be able to generate and maintain vacuum. In the heavy fuel cars I believe they use a vacuum pump (which you replaced) and that acts on the booster (servo). Instead of replacing parts (and even having replaced those parts) I would test to see where the fault lies.
Can the V. pump pull enough pressure out?
Can the servo/booster maintain a seal?
Cold hard facts (numbers) are what you need.
Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes it does enough vacuum, tried with another vacuum pump and the issue is still there, It gives the idea it doesn´t hold the vacuum.

anyone knows what´s that kind of filter? I´m almost giving up of the car, it´s absurd how no one knows why this is happening.

i see most M6 here are petrol engines

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts