Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is to answer past question about the 4cyl engine and it's output before and after break-in, and why I do and do not like it. This look right to other 2.3l owners?

This data is completely made up. It's a best-guess from my "butt dyno".

·
Registered
628 Posts
Reading Topic: Mazda 2.3l 4cyl dyno!

Dewd, stretch! Don't the wheels leave skid marks on your butt? :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

He parks the car "between" so it's not visible from the "outside" :D

Isn't the importent thing is that it's more powerful in the "middle of the curve - where you are most of the time.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Replying to Topic 'Mazda 2.3l 4cyl dyno!'

Originally posted by Blackbird

Isn't the importent thing is that it's more powerful in the "middle of the curve - where you are most of the time.[/b]
To most people, yeah, and I think the 2.3l engine will please a lot of people once it's broken in. I'm not "most people" though- I like my engine peaky. I want it to require finesse and reward my downshifts- it's more engaging to drive an engine like that.

So even though the engine has gotten more powerful, it's not as fun as it was when new. I want to add top-end horsepower to fix this!

·
Registered
56 Posts

Hey, my 2,3l has 166HP :p the Europe has weaker horses probably, so we count 166 instead of the US 160... :D

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

Nahh I belive it's cause the US 6 is tuned for their kind of gas. They but a little more nitro in our gas U know :p :D

I think the JDM cars has 170hp.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts