Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I purchased these chrome Mazda6 wheels and tires off eBay from a used tire dealer. Factory 18" wheels and tires that were advertised as NEW, have been chromed with original center caps and original (new) P Zero Nero 215x45x18 tires. I like the style of this wheels, provides a modern, sleek look. I wasn't sure if I'd like the chrome look, but I do. I've seen the same wheels in the factory silver paint. They look good, but sometimes, appear as washed out white. The chrome wheels look great on my 2004 RedFire Mazda6. I particularly like the flat look. Not concerned with wheel weight, I like the look. Purchase price was $1370 shipped. Comments?

http://www.slkworld.com/imagehosting/thum_8450c8c7ce377c.jpg
http://www.slkworld.com/imagehosting/thum_8450c9506b49f8.jpg
http://www.slkworld.com/imagehosting/thum_8450dca612ef0c.jpg
http://www.slkworld.com/imagehosting/thum_8450dca8c869ff.jpg

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am usually not a fan of chrome but those look good...

anyway you can make pics bigger so we can get a better view?
[/b]
:( I was unable to load pics when I originally posted. I had to link photos. I've added two more.

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'm in the camp that says chrome wheels shouldn't be on a car made later than 1970...but I kind of like those. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i hate that wheel design, but it looks real good on your car the chrome makes it look much nicer, nice job.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Chrome looks good, but I cant justify the price vs the look or performance. To each his own, They look awsome but not at that price.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Personally don't like it. Too much bling for me, but if you like it then go for it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:nono: Interesting that most don't like chrome wheels. Personally, I didn't think I would. I like these wheels because they're factory wheels. I've checked several cars with painted silver wheels, and then the same wheel chrome, or polished aluminum. The chrome or polished wheels look better to me. Painted silver wheels are just painted wheels. I've never had chrome wheels before. I hope they hold up. I do like the style of this wheel. I think it provides a sleeker, more modern look to the Mazda6. I'm a BIG wheel fan (not size). However, I don't like cheap, aftermarket wheels. Most just don't seem right for the car. There are exceptions. There are some cheap, terrible looking aftermarket chrome wheels available. I wouldn't give you two cents for most. Most are foreign (cheaply) made and are probably dangerous. Regarding the price, I paid $1370 shipped for the wheels and new tires. I pleased with the price, more than fair. I do like the original Mazda6 five spoke wheel, would like that wheel in 19". Thanks for the comments. **I'd be interested why most people here are opposed to chrome wheels. WHY?**

·
Registered
159 Posts
I like them, they look good. :thumbup: I saw some on a 6 at the dealership awhile back and thought they looked pretty sharp. I too am a chrome wheel fan and think most of the chrome hate comes from seeing fat blinging horribly styled chrome wheels on certain other cars *cough*hondadodgenissan*cough*. I often cringe at seeing the horrible taste some have in wheel styles. Especially with chrome. It can be horribly overdone. It's all a matter of taste, I'm sure most 6 owners would say we don't have any and I'm okay with that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I like them, they look good. :thumbup: I saw some on a 6 at the dealership awhile back and thought they looked pretty sharp. I too am a chrome wheel fan and think most of the chrome hate comes from seeing fat blinging horribly styled chrome wheels on certain other cars *cough*hondadodgenissan*cough*. I often cringe at seeing the horrible taste some have in wheel styles. Especially with chrome. It can be horribly overdone. It's all a matter of taste, I'm sure most 6 owners would say we don't have any and I'm okay with that. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
[/b]
:thumbup: I'm really not a big chrome wheel fan. I've seen too many UGLY tacky gaudy aftermarket chrome wheels. I really like the style of the new Mazda6 18" wheel style. Much better than the wheel for the MazdaSpeed6. I like the look and they're easy to clean which is important to me. The painted wheels look good, but as I stated, some times they look almost white. Don't like that look. Again, I'm really pleased with these wheels in chrome. One factor, they're factory wheels and not aftermarket. They look so elegant and particularly like the look on my 2004 RedFire Mazda6. So, aftermarket chrome wheels, NO. My chrome Mazda6 18" wheels, YEAH!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Congrats on the Chromies , they ARE nice once you hav'em on aren't they ! Personally I'm in love with the 03-05 design ''a-la-Porshe 911-design'' I love them Silver (my winters) and Chromed (rest of seasons) and I got'em shipped and everything included with UPS fees rate exchange , etc. for 1,000 CDN !!! And ya they are so easy to clean ; I did apply Eagle One Nano-Polish/Cleaner/Protector (all-in-one) -tip for you ;)

Not too much bling bling - just the right dose/blend with my chromed headlight housings/badges and give an awesome contrast to the Onyx Black :yesnod:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Congrats on the Chromies , they ARE nice once you hav'em on aren't they ! Personally I'm in love with the 03-05 design ''a-la-Porshe 911-design'' I love them Silver (my winters) and Chromed (rest of seasons) and I got'em shipped and everything included with UPS fees rate exchange , etc. for 1,000 CDN !!! And ya they are so easy to clean ; I did apply Eagle One Nano-Polish/Cleaner/Protector (all-in-one) -tip for you ;)

Not too much bling bling - just the right dose/blend with my chromed headlight housings/badges and give an awesome contrast to the Onyx Black :yesnod:[/b]
:D Nice chrome wheels! I always liked the look of the Mazda five spoke wheels. Stylist and super easy to clean. I would have liked a set in 19". Again, I'm happy with my new wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts