Mazda 6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruising home from work last night, this red Saturn Ion roars up on me and does the 'switch-to-this-lane...back-to-that-lane' impatient driving. No problem, I do my normal 45-50mph. We turn a corner and he FLYS by me....I let him...it's a Saturn, right?

Fortunately (for my story), we get stopped at the next light. We wait. It turns green and, of course, we go. Now, first off, I :swearin: HATE :swearin: the MazdaSpeed6 clutch. Hate is so nice compared to what I WANT to say. So, I struggle to get the car off the line smoothly (again, it's a stock looking Saturn...how fast can it be?), but that stock looking Saturn BOLTS off the line. Now I'm chasing him down (he only got about a 3/4 car advantage). About 5th gear (yes, it's a long street...and, thankfully, somewhat industrial, so no one is around), my 6 FINALLY feels like it's pulling hard and I get the front tire just past his nose when we need to shut down for a light.

3 things:

1) I did a little research....the Saturn Redline Ion is only rated at around 205hp, and FWD...why the hell didn't I just KICK HIS ARSE!?!?!?!

2) Again, it didn't really feel like this thing pulled very well. Any ideas?

3) I :swearin: HATE :swearin: the clutch feel in this car! HATE!!!!!!!!! Almost to the point of wanting to sell this car.

Solutions:

1) All I can think of is his supercharged 4-banger left the line better than I, and the supercharger just pulled better than the 6 off the line....not to mention I got a crappy start.

2) No ideas. I'm at a loss about this one.

3) Ok, I won't sell this thing. I love it. And the potential is quite good. I would like to offer this up....anyone in the local OC area (I'm in Lakewood) that has done the clutch mod, if you can help me out with this, I'll buy ya a 6-pack of beer. Your choice. Some restrictions apply (beer has to be sold in the area....I'm not importing some wacky suds for you).

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
NO STREET RACING

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.