Mazda 6 Forums banner

161 - 180 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
I installed my MAZ/PC-ALP this weekend, and my iPod sounds great!
I have a 2005 Sportwagon with the Bose system.  My head unit required no alterations.

I'm not very mechanically inclined.  I simply modified the MAZ/PC-ALP based on the instructions from the website (http://sol20.com/ATENZA/mazpcalp_E.htm).

The instructions at (http://www.mazda6tech.com/index.phpoption...id=36&Itemid=57) on removing the console were very helpful.  One note - if you have an automatic transmission, the trim piece around the shifter will NOT remove with the shifter in Park.  Move the shifter down to another gear, and the trim piece will remove with ease.  (it took me nearly an hour to discover this bit of information!)

I used a black Belkin Auto Kit to connect to my iPod's docking adapter, providing both power and sound.  I removed the lighter from the ashtray and mounted both the lighter and the Belkin Auto Kit under the console.  The only thing showing in my interior is the Belkin dock connector and about 4" of black wire.  I used a Pro Clips mount for my iPod.

The look is clean, and so is the sound.  Thanks SO much for all the information on this forum as well as the above mentioned websites.  I couldn't have completed this project without your help!
[snapback]394899[/snapback]​
[/b]
Got any pics? Sounds like a nice setup

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Yeah im curious as to how you removed the lighter and placed it under the center console, pics would be awesome. I have my pro clips on the way for my ipod as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Originally posted by Axion@Apr 20 2005, 09:46 PM
Yeah im curious as to how you removed the lighter and placed it under the center console, pics would be awesome. I have my pro clips on the way for my ipod as well.
[snapback]396156[/snapback]​
I got the lighter idea from another section of this forum. Take a look under "Overlaod/Sylfex aux-in how-to" - there are pictures there that show the basic idea.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Oh okay i see it now, very nice. I have my belkin plugged into the other power adapter in the armrest, but when my proclips come in and i dash mount the ipod, this is a perfect solution!

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi
guys i wonder if i can connect a regular Alpine MP3\CD changer to MAZ/PC-ALP
as they said it worked with Mazda 3 and RX8. the changer can be controled thru the OEM system buttons

The MAZ/PC-ALP allows the integration of any Alpine M-Bus Changer to Select 2002-05 Mazda radios with CD Changer Controls. All functions are retained and the interface and changer are controlled via the OEM (factory) radio CD Changer controls. This interface is compatible with Alpine M-bus changers CHM-S601, CHM-S611, CHM-S620, CHM-S630 or Alpine CD/MP3 Ai-Net CHA-S634 (KCA-130b Ai-Net to M-Bus adapter is required). Compatible radios must have CD Changer Controls and a 16-Pin connector on the back to accept the blue interface cable.
from here

thankx

·
Registered
4 Posts
I finally got around to installing my MAZ/PC-ALP and ran into a problem. If anyone has run into this I would appreciate some help before I run it to the dealer.

After install I no longer have a functioning audio system (no power), I no longer have audio or environmental LED display (only the clock and three dashes where you would normally see temp/fan settings), and the cigarette lighter and ashtry bulb don't illuminate.

Problems remain after disconnect/reconnect battery and after removal of PIE unit.

Does anyone know of an inline fuse somewhere that might be blown. Can't find any fuse blown either in cab or engine fuse blocks.

Did I fry something?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Originally posted by tickets@Nov 8 2004, 11:53 PM
I added the picture of HU back panel on my site. I hope it helps you.
Please note that you must push HAAAARD to get the connector locked. I do not think you can remove the connector once it is installed without removing HU. I tried to disconnect it for an hour and gave up. So, make sure everything is all right before you install it.
[snapback]321985[/snapback]​
Those photos are also of a Japanese right sided drive vehicle (access from glove compartment area). It may not be possible to reach behind the HU and find the plug from left side drive vehicles (access from steering wheel side).

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Originally posted by jmcoates@Apr 30 2005, 09:15 PM
Those photos are also of a Japanese right sided drive vehicle (access from glove compartment area). It may not be possible to reach behind the HU and find the plug from left side drive vehicles (access from steering wheel side).
[snapback]402349[/snapback]​
yeah we learned that already, take out the HU do this incase you havent already..

·
Registered
32 Posts
I actually succeeded in accessing the HU without removing it in my North American M6, but it wasn't easy and I've got very small hands. I later had to reconnect and just took apart the HU. It is much easier this way.

in other words: just disconnect the HU, it's not as hard as it sounds.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Originally posted by RedSiege@Mar 25 2005, 05:34 AM
Ideally, the AuxMod is the better solution.  I'm pretty sure with the AuxMod you'll be able to select it by just cycling through with the Mode button on the steering wheel as opposed to hitting the CD button on the radio twice for the MAZ/PC-ALP.  Only reason I want the MAZ/PC-ALP now is because I'm near the bottom of the AuxMod wait list.  But ofcourse the MAZ/PC-ALP is out of stock everywhere I've looked.  If anyone has one for sale please PM me!
[snapback]383191[/snapback]​

Where can I order the AuxMod from????? I haven't been able to find anyone that carries them, let alone sold out or on back order........ Help please????????

·
Registered
374 Posts
Originally posted by engineer04ue@Jul 29 2005, 01:15 PM
If anyone is still interested in this product, I have one that I am willing to sell.
[snapback]471276[/snapback]​
Did you:

1) Sign on for the group buy for the finally a reality Metra Kit?

or

2) Finally got your email about the AuxMod?

;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Originally posted by tmeader@Jul 29 2005, 05:20 PM
Did you:

1) Sign on for the group buy for the finally a reality Metra Kit?

or

2) Finally got your email about the AuxMod?

;)
[snapback]471284[/snapback]​

Actually, I received my AuxMod and had problems with it not working at all (sent back for them to take a look at it and probably receive a replacement). Also, with this immediate news of the dashkit, I pulled the plug on that as well.

Assuming I get a replacement from Sylfex, I'll probably plan to sell that too.

As for as the MAZ/PC-ALP, I never ended up using it because I decided I did not want to risk screwing up my headunit (have an '04).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Originally posted by engineer04ue@Jul 29 2005, 12:26 PM
Actually, I received my AuxMod and had problems with it not working at all (sent back for them to take a look at it and probably receive a replacement).  Also, with this immediate news of the dashkit, I pulled the plug on that as well.

Assuming I get a replacement from Sylfex, I'll probably plan to sell that too.

As for as the MAZ/PC-ALP, I never ended up using it because I decided I did not want to risk screwing up my headunit (have an '04).
[snapback]471293[/snapback]​
Ill take the auxmod off you when it arrives

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Originally posted by Tyroneshoes@Jul 29 2005, 01:30 PM
Ill take the auxmod off you when it arrives
[snapback]471303[/snapback]​
And if Tyroneshoes doesn't take it, I'll get second dibs!

161 - 180 of 207 Posts