Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
977 Posts
the 6 isnt listed there...boo...still waiting that dash kit
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,027 Posts
WTF?? When is SOMEONE gonna make SOMETHING that'll work with our 6??!! What the hell happened to overloads thingie??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Originally posted by jawfuh@Nov 1 2004, 02:51 PM
link ( Japanese )

http://sol20.com/ATENZA/mazpcalp.htm
[snapback]320866[/snapback]​
:slap:
Thank you for introducing my site. I am going to make English pages for your convenience.

In short, MAZ/PC-ALP can be used with ATENZA or MAZDA6. What you need is small modifications on your cable comes with MAZ/PC-ALP. Unforutnately we, Club Atenza members found another modification is also required on the Head Unit (Tuner/Amp module) if the ATENZA is shipped after Jan.2004 in Japan.
We are still under the process of the confirmation about this and the result will be on my site when it is available.

The sound through the adapter is just great, I love it!

Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any question or suggestion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Originally posted by tickets@Nov 8 2004, 09:25 AM
Thank you for introducing my site. I am going to make English pages for your convenience.

In short, MAZ/PC-ALP can be used with ATENZA or MAZDA6. What you need is  small modifications on your cable comes with MAZ/PC-ALP. Unforutnately we, Club Atenza members found another modification is also required on the Head Unit (Tuner/Amp module) if the ATENZA is shipped after Jan.2004 in Japan.
We are still under the process of the confirmation about this and the result will be on my site when it is available.

The sound through the adapter is just great, I love it!

Please contact me at [email protected] if you have any question or suggestion.
[snapback]321735[/snapback]​
Thanks Tickets. Can you tell us what the small modifications on the cable is? Or share the link to the discussion on Club Atenza?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
I still think Overloads Aux-mod, if ever finished is worth the wait. I'm not openning up my head unit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44 Posts
Originally posted by Art_Vandelay@Nov 8 2004, 08:24 AM
Thanks Tickets.  Can you tell us what the small modifications on the cable is?  Or share the link to the discussion on Club Atenza?
[snapback]321756[/snapback]​
There's a link to the English pages on the Japanese page now:
http://sol20.com/ATENZA/mazpcalp_E.htm

The modification to the cable looks very straightforward and doesn't harm the cable in any way. I'm just wondering what harm can come to my HU. How do I know this will work? :)

The description of the reasoning becomes a little confusing to me. And I can't [quickly] find a good description of the pinouts of the adapter and the HU to clear it up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Originally posted by catbert00@Nov 8 2004, 07:14 PM
There's a link to the English pages on the Japanese page now:
http://sol20.com/ATENZA/mazpcalp_E.htm

The modification to the cable looks very straightforward and doesn't harm the cable in any way.  I'm just wondering what harm can come to my HU.  How do I know this will work? :)

The description of the reasoning becomes a little confusing to me.  And I can't [quickly] find a good description of the pinouts of the adapter and the HU to clear it up.
[snapback]321813[/snapback]​
The basics of the modification is:
HU has balanced input which requires three lines Signal(+), Signal(-) and Signal Ground. To connect these lines to un-balanced (two lines) output of MAZ/PC-ALP, Signal(-) must be connected to Signal Ground so that it becomes two lines input.
If you connect MAZ/PC output to HU Signal(+) and Signal Ground with two wires leaving Signal(-) open, audio signal does not get through.

I am sorry for the confusing descripitions, I am going to put more information about this on my site with pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
this is great news!!!! Thank you tickets!!!!!


I am having trouble locating the HU connector without taking the HU out, however. I would really like to be able to do this without removing the HU. Can anyone tell me exactly how I can access the connector without removing my console?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Originally posted by St33lGrayM6@Nov 9 2004, 04:03 AM
this is great news!!!!  Thank you tickets!!!!!
I am having trouble locating the HU connector without taking the HU out, however.  I would really like to be able to do this without removing the HU.  Can anyone tell me exactly how I can access the connector without removing my console?
[snapback]321959[/snapback]​
I added the picture of HU back panel on my site. I hope it helps you.
Please note that you must push HAAAARD to get the connector locked. I do not think you can remove the connector once it is installed without removing HU. I tried to disconnect it for an hour and gave up. So, make sure everything is all right before you install it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
If someone wants to send me one of the MAZ/PC-ALP units and cables, I'll gladly test it out in my 2005 6s, and make a How-To with pictures and detailed instructions. I'll probably have to solder that jumper in my HU, so that will be included in the How-To. PM me if you have one of these to spare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I bought this adapter to try it out on my Mazda6. It did not work, but now I will try the modification in next few days and post the results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
539 Posts
Just FYI, and take this with a grain of salt obviously, but I emailed Sylfex and Eric emailed me back and informed me that they should have something ready for release by the end of November.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
I tried the modification last night. It works and sound is so much better than thru FM mod.

I had to modify HU to bridge L716. This requires removing the radio from the panel and taking apart the radio.
Also, the connector mod for balanced audio must be done. I first tried HU mod only and radio would not even recognize PIE adapter.

BTW, my radio says that it was made in January 2004 by Matsushita which is Panasonic. I also looked at the Mazda radio which I took out of my 2003 MPV and this one too says that it was made by Matsushita.
This is contrary to reports that Mazda radios are made by Sanyo.

I can finally listen to XM without distortion and actually hear stereo seperation. This should tie me over until there is a dash kit so I can change the entire system.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
what are you guys' thoughts on doing this mod if I have the 6-cd changer?? Will I lose CD capability all together? I realize I will lose the changer capability but is it possible that I will keep one of my CD slots working?

Will this mod even work at all if I have the changer?
 
1 - 20 of 207 Posts
Top