Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to check one out this Thursday, it's an 07, red with 135k miles. Looks good on the site but got to see it in person obviously. Anything particular I should be looking for, or questions I should be asking? Really don't want to pay sticker because I know it's been up for sale at least 2 years. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
16,829 Posts
Speed6 up for sale for over 2 years? Sounds like they're either asking way too much or something is very wrong with it that they don't want to admit.

Head to the Speed6 section and read up on some of the stickies - there's a TON of information there for things to watch out for.

·
Super Moderator
16,829 Posts
I'm not great with Speed resales, but $9k for 135k miles on a 10 year old car seems a bit high, even if it's in pretty good shape (which it is from the looks of the blurry photos).

Take it for a test drive, see how it sounds/feels. If you're in the OH area, maybe there's some speed owners near you who could look it over with you :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Checked it out today. Had the check engine light on and they couldn't explain why. I offered 5k and they wouldn't budge off of 8.5k. Was nice on the inside and the test drive went good. It's been awhile since I've driven a stick lol. Walked away

·
Registered
32 Posts
NADA has a clean retail at 8,225. Even if there was no CEL the dealership is $700 over the nationwide suggested retail price. Car has a CEL so that immediately removes it from 'perfect' status. Says most vehicle have a 3 mo/4500 mi. warranty attached to vehicles. See if the MS6 you want qualifies and then, if you feel you've reached a fair price, buy it and take to a mechanic for a full scan/inspection. Take the car back and have them fix what is required under warranty in order to get rid of the CEL.

I'm amazed the car has been sitting that long and they aren't doing everything to move it. The longer it sits, the more people are going to question it. I can't see $5k but I bet if you jumped to $6.5-7k they'd start to budge. If not, you know the drill...

·
Registered
12 Posts
As an original owner of a 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT with only 55K miles, their pricing sounds ridiculous. I'm looking to sell mine actually. Still determining a fair price, but it'll definitely be fairer than these crazy people.

Glad you walked away.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Even in Canada you can buy a mint lower mileage Speed6 for under $5K US dollars. Dealers always mark them up 25% or more over realistic value.

No offense to the Speed guys, but for $9K you can buy far better and more tuneable cars.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I mean, if it's been taken care of I can't understand why it wouldn't fetch in the 8k range but that's at 105-115k mile range at the max. Not sure how much better you're going to get though. I think for that price range the most ready to drive tune-able car you're going to find is an SRT4 or Cobalt SS/TC. Can be made to go faster than hell but you lose at every other aspect and you're back to FWD...

I think the MS6 is a real complete package in looks, exterior, interior and drivetrain. Any amount of money can make something fast but give 9k to an experienced drag racer and they'll have a fox body running 9's....

·
Registered
528 Posts
My local mazda stealership also sells Mitsubishis. Last time i was there i enquired about a blood red Lancer Evo FE that's been on the floor for a while. The window sticker said 2015, and i saw the car in early 2017 ! Not that i wanted to buy it but the dealer wanted a $4k mark up over the sticker for a car that hasn't sold in 2 years ! I walked away laughing ! They'll steal your tooth filling if they could make few pennies out of it ! Hearing stories about Type R being marked up $20,000+ in some places !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Think that's bad, don't even inquire about a Dodge Demon...People are reporting that mark up jumping from $85k MSRP to $185k....for a 1$ "accessory" package.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I mean, if it's been taken care of I can't understand why it wouldn't fetch in the 8k range but that's at 105-115k mile range at the max. Not sure how much better you're going to get though. I think for that price range the most ready to drive tune-able car you're going to find is an SRT4 or Cobalt SS/TC. Can be made to go faster than hell but you lose at every other aspect and you're back to FWD...

I think the MS6 is a real complete package in looks, exterior, interior and drivetrain. Any amount of money can make something fast but give 9k to an experienced drag racer and they'll have a fox body running 9's....
Really? I've been told my 86k mile 06 MS6 GT that has been well maintained is worth $7k tops LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts