Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had an ecu thought as I went to the miata forums. Anyway, the 06 miata uses an MZR engine with I believe the DISI system <-not to sure. Well bellengineering is working on the xede ecu for it. Maybe that could be an option in the future.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
no DISI system, sorry

easy to send an email though

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I emailed Cobb tuning about them making an AccessPORT for our cars, and received an email from them stating that yes they are working on it, and to keep an eye on their website for details regarding it's release. I owned a WRX for almost 2 years, and in the Subie community Cobb's reputation is top notch. They're known for making conservative tuning maps, while still showing very significant power gains. The AP is also an easy to use tuning device that doesn't require you to send your ECU in or get a custom tune as long as you're just running basic bolt-ons. Although if you want to get a custom tune, several tuners now have Street Tuner software for anyone going that route.

When I had my WRX I had ECUtek and regretted it after Cobb came out with their Street Tuner software, but this time around with my MS6 I've already made up my mind, if the AP they're releasing is anything like the one released for Subie's that's most definately what I'll be going with. I think it will be worth the wait. That's just my $.02 though.

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
I emailed Cobb tuning about them making an AccessPORT for our cars, and received an email from them stating that yes they are working on it, and to keep an eye on their website for details regarding it's release. I owned a WRX for almost 2 years, and in the Subie community Cobb's reputation is top notch. They're known for making conservative tuning maps, while still showing very significant power gains. The AP is also an easy to use tuning device that doesn't require you to send your ECU in or get a custom tune as long as you're just running basic bolt-ons. Although if you want to get a custom tune, several tuners now have Street Tuner software for anyone going that route.

When I had my WRX I had ECUtek and regretted it after Cobb came out with their Street Tuner software, but this time around with my MS6 I've already made up my mind, if the AP they're releasing is anything like the one released for Subie's that's most definately what I'll be going with. I think it will be worth the wait. That's just my $.02 though.
[/b]
already been covered. but thanks.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm just waiting. I would rather have the cobb then re-wire the car or trying to fit a an ecu under the dash. Just more options is all.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts