Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I may be moving to the DFW area in March of next year. Any tips on good places to live or anything about living in DFW area? Unfortunatly, I'm down here right now and was a little late in experiencing the heat, I wanted to see how bad it was. My Fiancee and I will probably move down here if she likes it and if its possible.

We're thinking of the Grapevine area, my parents live here now and it seems pretty nice. I was also told north irving and los golinas areas were nice as well.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hey guys, I may be moving to the DFW area in March of next year. Any tips on good places to live or anything about living in DFW area? Unfortunatly, I'm down here right now and was a little late in experiencing the heat, I wanted to see how bad it was. My Fiancee and I will probably move down here if she likes it and if its possible.

We're thinking of the Grapevine area, my parents live here now and it seems pretty nice. I was also told north irving and los golinas areas were nice as well.
[/b]
Where are you going to be working? Are you looking for a house or an apartment? If you are looking for a house then I would say check out North Dallas (Plano, Frisco, Mckinney, The Colony.) Nice areas, nice prices. However they may be too far from your job especially if you work near downtown.

It does get pretty hot, I think in July there were like 2 or 3 straight weeks of triple digit temperatures. I may just be used to it but it seems that all the heat does is increase the amount of people shopping and increase the amount of beers bought. Eitherway, I kinda enjoy the warm summer nights.

Hope you make it to DFW. It is an awesome place. Besides, Texas has the best 6 meets. :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My fiancee will probably work at Baylor Grapevine, though we did see Parkland which wasn't on her list to visit down here. We also saw the Los Colinas Medical center as well. As for me, it won't matter too much. I'd work with some financial services company down here like Merril Lynch or something.

This would be for an apartment. We looked at MacArthur/635 area.

I think us ohio peeps beat out your meets :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts