Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up for you guys.
I received a ticket in Cecil County for my window tint. The officer measured my tint at 11% all the way around.
I fought the ticket (it was $60 and he said he couldnt' do a fix-it since I was out of state). I pleaded not guilty and won, due to registration laws. The tint law states that any vehicle operating on maryland roads must follow the tint law. HOWEVER, the vehicle must abide by the registration laws as well. The judge looked at the registration law and determined since I was out of state that my vehicle did not fall under those registration requirements and hence the tint law did not apply.
So for any of you who live in one state and travel a lot in another, if you get an out of state tint ticket make sure to at least check and see what the details are before you pay that fine! (i initially called the Cecil County Police Dept. and asked them the question and they told me the same thing the judge concluded.)

anyhow, just and FYI.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
hince why neither cars are localy registered...ever ;)

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nice!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
DjLethal6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing