Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys? I"m going to MIR tomorrow (first timer :drive: ), and i'm bringing my dad along for the first time also with his Infinti FX45....... any advice you guys can give m? reaction time advice, prep for the intercooler (its suppos to be about 40-33 degrees faranhite tomorrow night)....just any advice is welcomed..

Thank you,
Adeel

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
damnit, thats only an hour from my house, now i might have to come and get my first track experience, lol.
if the track can still hook up in such low temps (which awd is lovely for, lol) then we might get some great times with the cool weather.

maybe ill see you there...ill be in a velo red sport with a tall blonde riding shotgun

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
haha straight, i should be there around 6ish, qualifications start at 6:30.... Titanium (freshly washed/waxed Titanium MS6...basicly everything is nice and clean.....) what time you should be there?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i just checked my gf's flight itinerary (she is flying in from omaha tonight) and she won't be off the metro til 7. so, i'm out for this week. i'll definitely be up for going next week though. hopefully you get bitten by the bug and will want to go to the last two events of the season so we can meet up at one of them.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
i just checked my gf's flight itinerary (she is flying in from omaha tonight) and she won't be off the metro til 7. so, i'm out for this week. i'll definitely be up for going next week though. hopefully you get bitten by the bug and will want to go to the last two events of the season so we can meet up at one of them.
[/b]

hey i just moved to indian head so am about about 45 minutes from there as well. But i am supposed to be going to MERVs BBQ in fairfax tommorrow. I want to run my speed at the track but want to wait til i have another 500 on it i will be about 1500 miles at that time. i am going to change my oil this weekend with some royal purple and a k&n filter. Are you going to MIR on the 5th of next month for the IMPORTS vs DOMESTICS? I will definitly be there. Also let us know how you did!!

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Hey... I would like to go as well. Not sure if I can make it though. Where is MIR?
[/b]

Go straight up rt 301 til you get to budds creek road and then turn left and drive about 7 miles and you will see the sign on your right. BUT pay attention as they have a budds creek raceway DIRT TRACK. So make sure you pass that up and about 1 mile further you will see MARYLAND INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY.

Since we are all SPEED owners why don't me meet up somewhere?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea ^^^^^^^^^^^ thats a good idea... i'm going tonight, and also one more time before the end of the season...... lets set up a place (maybe MIR???! lol?) and time/date so we all can meet...... if you guys wanna coordinate this via phone, PM me we can start talking either through there and i'll give you my cell...or whatever.... let me know how you guys want to coordinate this...

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i noticed on the flyer for the friday events that cars 13.99 and faster require helmets for the driver. when you check in, how do they quantify times/expected times for these purposes?

im not expecting much below a 15 my first time out, but I am curious nonetheless.

on a completely separate note...anyone around DC wanna loan a helmet? lol if i get into the 13's i think i'll spring for my own...it'll probably be 2008 by then!

·
Registered
440 Posts
i noticed on the flyer for the friday events that cars 13.99 and faster require helmets for the driver. when you check in, how do they quantify times/expected times for these purposes?

im not expecting much below a 15 my first time out, but I am curious nonetheless.

on a completely separate note...anyone around DC wanna loan a helmet? lol if i get into the 13's i think i'll spring for my own...it'll probably be 2008 by then!
[/b]
Most techs will look at your car, ask you what you think you'll run, and then evaluate the need for a helmet, usually if they think you don't need one they let you run... then if you break into the 13's the time slip guy will tell you get a helmet or go home.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
yea ^^^^^^^^^^^ thats a good idea... i'm going tonight, and also one more time before the end of the season...... lets set up a place (maybe MIR???! lol?) and time/date so we all can meet...... if you guys wanna coordinate this via phone, PM me we can start talking either through there and i'll give you my cell...or whatever.... let me know how you guys want to coordinate this...
[/b]

like i said let meet up for the mir meet. i still want to put some miles on my car. i have about 1300 on it now and i am going to change my oil and use some royal purple with a k&n filter since it worked pretty well with my MZ6 when i had it. you can pm me your number if you want to hook up. you know, about the helmet i totally forgot about that so i guess i am going to have to buy me one now. I belive with a little bit of practice and this will be your second time at the track that you will do a LOT better down the qtr. this time. i think you will be doing at least consistant 14's just have to work on the launch.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i've been keeping an eye on the weather down there and it looked at first like it would be perfect, but now it's getting a little worse. the good part is that the midday precipitation is supposed to clear out by evening.

what time are you guys thinking of showing up? it's going to take me a good hour to get down there from silver spring, so i wouldnt mind having some free time to let my nerves and the IC cool off

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Charles and Digger10t, read the new topic i posted up "MD International Raceway meet! When and who?!" i'm trying to gather people togehter...

and Digger10t, read your PM....
(hopefully he'll see this.. lol)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts