Discussion Starter #1
Anyone order their M6 in this dealer?

You've got your car yet??

Which salesman did you deal with?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Markham Mazda'

Never been to Markham Mazda although I did drive by it after I got my 6.

Got my 6 from Westowne Mazda through the CAA deal. Nice dealership and very friendly staff.

Also went to Scarborough Mazda since that was closest to where I live. Staff wasn't very friendly, didn't want to give me test drive and absolutely wasn't willing to deal. Suffice to say I'm not going to take my 6 there for regular maintenance even though they are the closest. Maybe I'll take it to Markham Mazda. :p

·
Registered
837 Posts
Reading Topic: Markham Mazda

I totally agree with you Mojo. I bought my Mazda6 at Westowne too. BTW, when did you buy the car? Did by chance you bought it after my recommendation? Isn't Niki the best guy to talk to. :)

Anyway, Westowne is the closest to my home but may not be the most convenient because my work is downtown but I definitely would take my car to service at Westowne because Niki has been great. Perhaps, you should take your car their too since he did give you a great deal on the car. You may repay him with servicing your car there.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Picked up mine towards the end of March, so about a month ago now. Took one of the two Yellow GT-V6 MT on the lot.

Yeah I read about the deal through this board and Niki is a pleasure to deal with. Straight-forward and no pressure to buy anything you don't want.

I would take it back but I live all the way on the east side so it's a little inconvenient. Buy a car there - hell yeah! servicing - maybe. I've already recommended quite a few ppl to check out the dealership (and will continue to do so) so I'm good to go. :)

·
Registered
837 Posts

Great! So you probably bought your car about a week at most after mine. :)

I waited a month for my Dark Grey but no go and Niki said would probably be another month to get the grey. However, he said he has a silver in the exact option package. Guess what I picked up the silver and loving every minute now that I do not have to wait any more.

Last night my MP3 player and sport grille were installed. The installer scratched up my center console but Niki was all over it and ordering me a replacement. I only have to live that gross scratched until it is replaced. But the good thing is my MP3 is awesome. It is like a 10CD changer without all the noise of changin discs. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts

yeah, I remember the first time I called him - totally lucky. I told him what I was looking for and he said he had that exact model in stock. This was after getting the run-around/ignored by Scarboro Mazda so it was an absolute pleasure dealing with Niki in comparison.

btw, been meaning to ask you - how dark is the red you used to paint your calipers? In your pics, it seems pretty bright. I'm thinking of doing the same but I think a darker red would go better with yellow.

My brother let it slip he might get me the MP3 player for my birthday - I'm hoping he stays true to his word! :p

·
Registered
837 Posts

Man what a nice brother. ;)

Anyway, the paint I bought was from Performance Parts on Queensway. The brand is Folia Tec. It is paint made for brake painting (enamel paint) that can withstand very high heat. The kit is regularly $47 (being Canadian you know it is in CDN) plus taxes. I got it on sale because they had a huge sale for $40.

It is quite bright but I think it is best to have it bright and shiny because I don't know how clean I can keep it under those wheels.

That red would look awesome on the yellow. They also have blue but I don't know about that on a yellow. The other colour choices are just not right with yellow.

·
Registered
53 Posts

Cool, thanks! I'll think about it some more.

Man, it's like we've got nothing better to than lurk on this board! :)

·
Registered
837 Posts

I dont' know about your mojo, but work here is quite slow this time of the year. I am bored. :)

BTW, we should gathered up all the GTA forum member with their Mazda6 to get together. I live only like 10 minutes away from Westowne. I work right downtown on Atrium on Bay. What do you think? Who should arrange it? :)

·
Registered
53 Posts

haha.... I've got some work to do, just avoiding it.

I'm kind of busy for the next while but if someone wants to arrange something, for sure I'll try to be there!
I'm more towards the south end of scarborough but willing to pretty much drive anywhere in my 6. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Replying to Topic 'Markham Mazda'

hi guys

what is this CAA deal and is Westowne the best?

I am looking to get the V6 GT w/GFX in 5pd. any tips on getting a good price?

·
Registered
837 Posts

Just go to Westowne Mazda and talk to my buddy Niki Figliano. Make sure you are a CAA member. You don't need to bargain with Niki. He will follow the CAA book and give you the best price around town.

You need not to worry about dealing. Tell Niki, Hiep sent you. I bought a V6 GT w/GFX 5AT.

He will treat you well.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hey Hiep,

Thanks. I am already a CAA member. I will be sure to bring my card! :)

Is it MUCH cheaper than MSRP and whatever I can negotiate at a different dealer? Because Westowne is pretty far for me since I am in North Markham.

·
Registered
837 Posts

North Markham is not too far. But anyway, the extra trip will be worth it. If you plan for V6 GT w/GFX then you will be saving at least $1500 from MSRP. Basically what CAA do for you is that Niki will show you the invoice price and add $650 to the invoice and that is your price.

Plus PDI and such is much lower at this dealer than some I went to. So you save on that too. Plus he will also gives you very good price on option if you want it like MP3, sport grille, all weather mats, boot tray, boot net and etc. He will give you a nice low lump sum for all of it if you go with him.

Good luck, don't forget to say hi for me. He knows me. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hiep,

great answer! all i needed to know!! thanks so much, definitely will be worth it to go there.

will he let me apply my graduate program to it too? i graduated 2 years ago, so I know that applies. But i am wondering, with all the other savings i get, will the graduate program be applicable? hmmm.. but thanks, i will call westowne and ask for Niki and see when he will be in so that I can book a time to go in to see him.. thanks!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts

Graduate program is applicable. Already gave them an official transcript so now I'm just waiting for the cheque in the mail so to speak.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Reading Topic: Reading Topic: Markham Mazda

hey mojo

graduate prg is valid within 3 years you grad, right??? (hehe i am geting there).. thanks

·
Registered
837 Posts

Damn all you newbie with your graduate program. :) When I graduated, I did not have a dime in my pocket. How the hell can I afford a car. Now that I can afford it, it is way too late for me. :)

Glad you can fully use the system. Get as much saving as you can.

Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts

yeah your grad rebate is good for 3 years
i used mine aswell, 800 dollars is a nice bonus

·
Registered
11 Posts

hey guys

since i dont get much response from the main board wheels section, just wondering.. if i have 17x7 5x114.3 rims, +45 offset, would they fit ok on the 6? thanks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts