Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got an old school jenson sat radio but I have a subscription on it so I dont want to change up until it dies. So what I wanted was a little more room in the map pocket and started with custom ideas but what I ended up doing is cut the bottom and incresed the depth about an inch so that the front of the map pocket had a more depth in the front and allowed me to lie the radio down and close the pocket. The future plan is to add a GPS like a tomtom and this also allows for more room there. From the second to last pic you can see the mod I had to make to the radio so i didnt have to use the mount it sat in originaly and the final pic shows about how it will look when done (it is just resting on foam in the pic). I just have to figure out how to make it saty and be easily moveable so I can close the compartment. Point is the copartment was not big enough in the front (depth wise) to close without these mods. Most people would not have suck an enormous sat radio but I figure somone may also want a lil more room in there There is more room to be had but to get the screws in for the clock display I only went half the distance available. Remeber to slightly cut the support legs in the back to compensate for the mod. I used balsa wood and west systems resin a 'hot' x-acto knife and dremel with cut of tool. As is I will have to move it manually to close the map pocket but at lest now I can close the compartment. Here are the pics of mod so far...didnt finish yet cause I broke my sat antenna and blew my tail lights somhow(HELP!). any pm's or repies are welcome.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.