Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
can you get manual transmission here in the USA..some guy told me u couldnt and another told me u can. who is right?

·
Registered
468 Posts
Replying to Topic 'manual tranny?'

yep both 4 cylinder and 6 are standard for tranmission. the optional automatics...well..are automatics :p

·
Registered
56 Posts

took me forever to find a V6 paired with a manual...ended buying some guy's demo. The dealership told me that 1 out of 10 that come down the line are a V6 w/5spd.

~Kyle

·
Registered
158 Posts

Originally posted by Sixual

took me forever to find a V6 paired with a manual...ended buying some guy's demo.  The dealership told me that 1 out of 10 that come down the line are a V6 w/5spd.

~Kyle[/b]
I'd be surprised if there were that many V6 engines being paired with the manual transmission. If I had to guess, I'd say that 1/10 cars rolling off the line has a manual tranny regardless of engine.

For example, less than 3% of Nissan Maxima sales have a manual transmission despite the 'four door sports car' marketing behind it.

AAI is building 2000-2200 Mazda6 vehicles per week. Now ask yourself 'how many have I seen with a manual tranny?'

BTW, yes I am aware that BMW is quite successful at selling 3-series vehicles with manual transmissions. They're not the norm for the industry. Especially for the luxury priced market.

·
Registered
468 Posts

glad they offered the 5 spd with 6 cylinder. if they hadn't i had a deposit down for a mazdaspeed protoge. i woulda held off and waited. i doubt i'd ever buy another auto trans. waiting for the msp for a few months. going to the dealerhship and seeing the 6s in a 5 spd..took a test drive and just had to have it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts