Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car is sitting at the Mazda dealer due to a rod bearing failure at cylinders 1 and 4. While they are swapping the motor under warranty they called and said my clutch needed to be replaced, which I was planning soon anyway. I asked them if I could bring a clutch and flywheel instead of the factory POS. They said that's fine. I give them a CM Stage 3 clutch kit and the Fidanza Flywheel. They put my motor and trans back together and I soon get a call. They say the motor fires up fine and is running good. There is an issue with the clutch though. They are telling me that if they start the car out of gear they cannot shift into any gear.( clutch isn't disengaging). They also say that they can put the car in gear and depress the clutch and the car starts fine. As soon as they barely lift off the clutch it engages but then they cannot shift into the next gear (The clutch once again is not disengaging). According to them they called CM (I gave them the number) and their tech said that it's not their flywheel (which it isn't) and supposedly the fidanza doesn't mate with their product. I call BS :bsflag: and call up RPM whom I ordered the products from. Donny ( who is an excellent guy with tons of info) told me that what they are saying doesn't make sense and that he's sure the tech at CM wouldn't say that. He then calls CM for me and speaks to the head guy there and he says that the dealership is BS-ing. I tried calling Fidanza for the last confirmation but they are closed for the weekend. I've checked all the part numbers and cross referenced them with the shipment I was given. Everything matches up from RPM, CM, Fidanza, and the shipping packages. Fidanza shipped the flywheel only. CM shipped pressure plate, clutch, throw-out bearing, pilot bearing and the clutch centering install tool. I'm not sure if anything else was supposed to come with the products or if anyone has had any issues with their products of this same sort. The dealership is saying that there is something wrong with the step-out on the flywheel which I figure is impossible considering it's a stock replacement. The two companies products not mating is near impossible because they are performance enhancing stock replacements, therefore they should mate to every portion of the drivetrain as if they were stock or mating to a stock piece. They want to charge me $900 :angry: for the next steps of removing everything and I guess replacing it with stock stuff. I'm really not trying to have that go on. It's just stupid. :swearin: I need some answers quick.

Thanks!!!! to all that reply with some information. and sorry for the length just needed to get all the info in there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No one with any experience with this.....?

Koya sent me this
Hi
I was writing here somewhere that I got same problem. Problem is that clutch mechanism needs some modification.
If you will look under hood at place where clutch hydraulics you will see that there clutch cylynder pushing iron piece (looks like finger) and pushing with that lever witch engages clutch.
You need to find where you can make same finger but longer by 15mm, I actually did 5 of them (5mm, 7mm, 10mm, 12mm, 15mm longer), you need to look at 12 and 15mm longer. It cost me 1$ each here 5.gif Don't try to solder additional iron to that thing, it will broke. Clutch pedal must engage when you will free it at 1-2cm from floor (I know its damn hard to drive in city, but when you get used you will love it).
To install longer finger you will need to push clutch with stock, then put something to lock that lever, and then put longer finger.

PS. If you will need some additional info send photos, I can't look at mine because my car was stolen half year ago.[/b]
Not exactly sure what he's talking about here. maybe someone can help make it clear.

P.S.
If it's just the fact that the engagement point is way too low can I do the reverse of the Clutch Pedal Adjustment sticky here and possibly solve the issue...?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Its case not in adjustment. Its not enough travel in clutch cylinder. So you need to spend free play to make it travel longer.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
don't have a clue what the dealership is trying to pull...because

i run the Clutchmasters FX300 (stage 3) with the Fidanza flywheel and the combo is buttery smooth!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
BabyBlue M6
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing