Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was about to go to the dealer to get my fan module fix, and guess what, the car began to jerk everytime it shifts gears...to make it worse, while on the freeway, the gear got stuck on the fifth gear and the car felt like it's on neutral...Hence, once I told the dealer and they looked at it, they decided that they are not going to fix it...one of the reason they told me its because of the O2 sensor...Now my question is, has anyone with the CP-E headers have this problem?...or is this just the dealer BS and doesn't want to fix it?...they also claimed that since I tinkered with the ECU (CP-E CAI piggy back), it caused the rest of the problem; I forgot to mention that the TCS and AT lights all came on at the same time...Do I have any defense or challenge on this?...I'm just really hoping that its just the O2 sensor...

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
doyou have the cai fix soldered or just clamped on?

possibly you have a loose connection

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its soldered...yes, I also experienced the car stalling when it was clamped...and since it soldered, the dealer thinks that it screwed up the TCS and Transmission...they said that its all regulated by the ECU, and since I soldered the piggy back, they didn't want to fix it...I'm puzzled and I think this is going to cost me; which I'm hoping not...NO MORE MODDING FOR MY CAR...I might just have to put everything back stock and sell all the performance parts...All the stress CP-E products gave me is unbearable- they're products are great but there's always something bad happening like the rubber from the engine mount, the cat and O2 sensor from the headers, and CAI piggyback wiring...

·
Registered
574 Posts
So, I was about to go to the dealer to get my fan module fix, and guess what, the car began to jerk everytime it shifts gears...to make it worse, while on the freeway, the gear got stuck on the fifth gear and the car felt like it's on neutral...Hence, once I told the dealer and they looked at it, they decided that they are not going to fix it...one of the reason they told me its because of the O2 sensor...Now my question is, has anyone with the CP-E headers have this problem?...or is this just the dealer BS and doesn't want to fix it?...they also claimed that since I tinkered with the ECU (CP-E CAI piggy back), it caused the rest of the problem; I forgot to mention that the TCS and AT lights all came on at the same time...Do I have any defense or challenge on this?...I'm just really hoping that its just the O2 sensor...
[/b]
Sounds like what happened to mine when the PCM was fried... that wasnt nice.. but maybe its not that... that would be bad.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have the same problem with my ATX, Whenever I shift into 5th from manual mode, theres a jerk like my tranny is trying to catch the gears....I haven't yet gone to the dealer but I'm more than sure they'll fix it....I only have a Mazdaspeed CAI installed on my car....If they don't then I'll be mad as hell because it seems like a tranny problem....I think It is probably the same for you man! It might actually be your tranny....I don't exactly remember where but I read that someone said one of the greatest features on our car was the tranny....not sure if I totally believe but I have an ATX, that's a nightmare while being awake!

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have the same problem with my ATX, Whenever I shift into 5th from manual mode, theres a jerk like my tranny is trying to catch the gears....I haven't yet gone to the dealer but I'm more than sure they'll fix it....I only have a Mazdaspeed CAI installed on my car....If they don't then I'll be mad as hell because it seems like a tranny problem....I think It is probably the same for you man! It might actually be your tranny....I don't exactly remember where but I read that someone said one of the greatest features on our car was the tranny....not sure if I totally believe but I have an ATX, that's a nightmare while being awake!
[/b]
I had my tranny replaced @ 49k after it was shifting rough from 1st to 2nd.. the tranny isnt the smoothest thing in the world now either.. but its years better than the first... they burn out really quick.. thats the only explanation I have for it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
But the question is, do you guys have the same set-up as mine?...I've got CP-E's intake and headers installed...I've talked to Josh Adams and he told me to dyno and tune-up my car to see if my car is running correctly...with that, I've asked before, is there a reasonable and reputable shop I can tune-up and dyno my car is SoCal?...I'm asking because I don't want to experience the shop screwing up your car even more; it happened to my friend...I'm hoping this is not another issue with the CP-E header system.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like I need redo all my wiring connection...this sucks cause now I have to wait for the O2 sensor extension...from what they told me that I may have connected a bad wire...my other problem will occur when I try to figure out the best way to keep the wires from touching the cat...I may need someone's help with this since I don't think my tech doesn't know what to do now- not to mention, he hated the experience of installing it...so, all those SoCal members let me know if you guys can help me...thanks...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got my CEL checked...the scan came up with P0102 (MAF low input ON/ CCM) and P0158 (HO2S LR circuit high input ON / CCM)...I'm no guru when it comes to ECU codes...Can anyone elaborate more about on these codes...like I said, I have the conplete CP-E system (intake and headers)...the issue is that my AT is shifting hard that it jerks you and having hard time starting the car...According to the tech, the O2 is giving out different readings to the computer that it's confusing the ECU...Anyone else having this problem?...Any idea on a fix?...I know so that when I go have it fix, I have an idea on what the problem is and so that they won't charge me up the wazu if you know what I mean...

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
MAF low input.. im not tech but it sounds like ur wires mite be messed up on ur mafci... id recheck all thos wires and make sure their is a solid connection. just because its soldered doesnt mean their is a good solder on it.. and it also looks like you have one or more of your o2 sensors hooked up incorrectly. Its possibly that they could of switched 1 of the front and rear o2 sensors which would be bad and would make ur car run funky. Just to make sure id unplug ur battery for like 10 min. then unplug ur o2 sensors in your engine bay and plug them back in nice.. I had one that wasnt making a good connection and i got a cel for it and did that and have been perfectly fine every since. been running fine for several thousand miles now.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Finally got my CEL checked...the scan came up with P0102 (MAF low input ON/ CCM) and P0158 (HO2S LR circuit high input ON / CCM)...I'm no guru when it comes to ECU codes...Can anyone elaborate more about on these codes...like I said, I have the conplete CP-E system (intake and headers)...the issue is that my AT is shifting hard that it jerks you and having hard time starting the car...According to the tech, the O2 is giving out different readings to the computer that it's confusing the ECU...Anyone else having this problem?...Any idea on a fix?...I know so that when I go have it fix, I have an idea on what the problem is and so that they won't charge me up the wazu if you know what I mean...
[/b]
Where do you stand with this/these issue(s)? Still having problems or did you get everything resolved?

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
I have had issues in the past with my MAF doing funny things. Typically I reset the CEL and all is well. Now that you have the codes and you know what they mean (if it were me) I would reset my battery by pulling the Negative cable off for a few seconds. Hook it back up and see if the codes are there again upon start up. If so check under the dash to make sure all the wiring is connected securly. Try that and see what happens.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have had issues in the past with my MAF doing funny things. Typically I reset the CEL and all is well. Now that you have the codes and you know what they mean (if it were me) I would reset my battery by pulling the Negative cable off for a few seconds. Hook it back up and see if the codes are there again upon start up. If so check under the dash to make sure all the wiring is connected securly. Try that and see what happens.
[/b]
I've done all those step; removing the neg cable and checking the connection...in fact, my car sounds like the cat are bad; rattling loud around 3 rpm...and I did have Kook so-called cat fix...like I said before, it looks like they didn't switched the cats from MF to race cats...I wonder, maybe after seeing that the MF is still fine, they just added the metal piece between the two cats that prevented the cats from touching each other...that damn O2 extension better come soon...this is ridiculous that this is taking 3 months or so...

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've done all those step; removing the neg cable and checking the connection...in fact, my car sounds like the cat are bad; rattling loud around 3 rpm...and I did have Kook so-called cat fix...like I said before, it looks like they didn't switched the cats from MF to race cats...I wonder, maybe after seeing that the MF is still fine, they just added the metal piece between the two cats that prevented the cats from touching each other...that damn O2 extension better come soon...this is ridiculous that this is taking 3 months or so...
[/b]
I'm getting a rattle around 2.5-3k as well...with the Kooks y in. I had Josh look at it and he blamed the MF cat back...and didn't see it as a problem.

I think I may have some ceramics in the resonator or the muffler. Going to have CP-E re-verify in a week or so. I wish I had a lift to check it out. It sounds horrible.

·
Registered
578 Posts
[/b]
I truely hope I didn't waste my time and money to send in the y-pipe just to get it back with the same cats and a new brace between the pipes. I could have done that. I know my original y-pipe was fine because I never installed it so hopefully they did replace them with new ones.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I truely hope I didn't waste my time and money to send in the y-pipe just to get it back with the same cats and a new brace between the pipes. I could have done that. I know my original y-pipe was fine because I never installed it so hopefully they did replace them with new ones.
[/b]

It's easy to check if you've got new cats. Just check the markings on the heatshield. The new ones are marked CA with a bunch of numbers...the old ones were not CA marked.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
GUESS WHAT FOLKS!!!...my so-called Kook catalytic fix is a bust...while driving on the freeway, I heard and felt something break right where the cat is and then the car sounded as if I didn't have the cat installed- like an old beat up car...the car was so loud that a cop stopped me- thank god that he too was a car enthusiast and I figured he was out of his jurisdiction and let me go...Nevertheless, THIS IS BS, now I have to spend more money to fix this shit...THANKS FOR EVERYTHING CP-E...what a bitch...I've already spent $500 for a messed up cat...on top of that, I have to spend money on a rental because I didn't have a car to go to work because I sent my stupid cat to Kook (oh yeah, spent money to mail that too)...I DEFINITELY WANT MY REFUND OR GET A NEW CAT...DAMN, I have to f-king rent a car again...I'll be contacting Josh about this...THIS IS BS...

·
Registered
578 Posts
Really sorry to hear that man. Did the y-pipe actually break or just the cat? The headers are becoming more trouble than they are worth to some. I will be interested to see what CP-E has to say about this though. Their customer service is top notch so hopefully they will fix the situation.

Also, for reference, the cats in my fixed y-pipe are stamped with the following:

CA/CE 91006
09-05 30589 MET

Might be a good way to determine if you do indeed have the new cats. I shined a flash light down inside my y-pipe and my cats are definitely metallic.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, I asked around and most of the shops told me that the catalytic on these CP-E headers are the wrong size...they said that the car needs a bigger cat...like I said my car sounds like a harley davidson...called Josh and he doesn't know what to do and doesn't have a spare; he said he'll figue something out...this sucks cause I can't trust the fix...to make matter worse, I'm force to get it customize and according to the shops, that's another $500...CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!!!...to tally up the cost, this stupid cat system is going to COST me $1000...BS...good luck with the rest of you with the system...NOT A HAPPY CAMPER...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts