Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this can be done, but I don't have the tools or an extra pair of hands to help out. I was just wondering if anyone here has gotten them installed for them, how much did you pay? BTW this is the Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust system for the mazda6 i. Thanks.

note: just got a quote of $80

·
Registered
153 Posts
He means INSTALLATION for $80....bright one :bulb:. Are you able to install it yourself? i tought everyone had shops do them, and 80 seems like a good deal to me, just be sure they dont botch it all up.

·
Registered
247 Posts
He means INSTALLATION for $80....bright one :bulb:. Are you able to install it yourself? i tought everyone had shops do them, and 80 seems like a good deal to me, just be sure they dont botch it all up.
[/b]

hahah gotcha hahahaha slipped my mind there for a second.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I know this can be done, but I don't have the tools or an extra pair of hands to help out. I was just wondering if anyone here has gotten them installed for them, how much did you pay? BTW this is the Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust system for the mazda6 i. Thanks.

note: just got a quote of $80
[/b]

i personally havent done it, but I plan to, and i dont think it's gonna be so bad.. but without an extra pair of hands that;s gonna suck. I'm gonna have my brother help.

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
You just need the 2nd person to help you align it (at the very end of the installation process). Other than that, if you have the tools + ramp + WD-40, you can do this yourself.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i agree with jax. 2nd person is only there to help align...unless you have a jackstand, then you don't need anyone else.

i went to my old oil changing station work and went into the pit to do it. i took me about 45 min. by myself. had a buddy that worked there hold it for me so i could tighten everything down without putting strain on the bolts. it's actually pretty simple. the only hard part of the install is getting the old exhaust out of the hangers. but if you use enough WD-40 that's not really a problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing