Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was researching some exaust options and I find my self looking at CP-E or the Magnaflow Catback (of course I will hae to get the down pipe separetly)
Have any of you heard how these two exaust sounds? I dont want a loud exaust system.
and is the Magnaflow a 3" piping?

·
Registered
364 Posts
search

covered in detail

cpe is single exit loud 3"...u have the option to add another muffler...will quiet it, a bit.

magnaflow is 2.5 or 2.75, not as loud as the cpe and yields negligible gains...also tips w/ this setup have caused issues for some

search is your friend

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
search

covered in detail

cpe is single exit loud 3"...u have the option to add another muffler...will quiet it, a bit.

magnaflow is 2.5 or 2.75, not as loud as the cpe and yields negligible gains...also tips w/ this setup have caused issues for some

search is your friend
[/b]
Search search..... I will....
So CP-E will be a bettter option but must have an extra muffler to quiet it down,

I will keep looking, maybe if I wait long enough then Greddy or HKS will come out with something

·
Registered
431 Posts
Ever drive in commute traffic? Don't you wish you could add a lane or two to the highway? How much faster do you think traffic would flow if that was the case? Then have you ever come to a T-intersection? Doesn't traffic always slow down to make the turn?

This is EXACTLY what your engine sees after the turbo. A certain amount of exhaust volume (traffic) is produced by the engine at any given engine speed whether stock or upgraded. However, if you opened up the freeway (stock exhaust) by adding a couple of extra lanes (larger pipe diameter) the traffic will flow much faster right?

But even with an extra freeway lane (Magnaflow) the traffic still comes to a T-intersection and has to slow down before making the turn either left/right (dual exhaust)

What if you opened up the freeway by almost doubling the amount of lanes (stock 60mm vs 3.0" CP-e) and made one relatively straight and superwide exit, how fast do you think traffic would flow? Very fast indeed!! :D

Now, even with an secondary muffler on the CP-e, it will still be a superwide freeway, as such the traffic will flow very quickly and still have the noise from all that rushing traffic when compared to having to slow down and make a turn at a T-intersection.

I'm still waiting for a company to come out with a 3" mid pipe section with a resonator to a highflow Y-pipe to dual 2.5" mufflers. Should be slightly louder than the Magnaflow, but quieter than the CP-e with a flow gain some where in between the two. None yet that I know of... hint, hint ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.